It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How do I get rid of a snapshot in my pending changes view?

Yehiel Glass (25538986) | asked Jul 01 '12, 4:42 a.m.
edited Jul 01 '12, 7:18 a.m. by Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035)

Hi,

When I delete snapshot, the snapshot disappear from the snapshot's list and I can't compare with it. But, in my 'pending changes' view, I still can see this snapshot...

Why can I still see the deleted snapshot ?

I saw that I can deliver the change-sets to the stream and to 'replace with' the stream component,

https://jazz.net/forum/questions/3005/how-do-i-get-rid-of-a-snapshot-in-my-quotpending-changesq

But is there a normal way to do it?

Thanks. 

One answer

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Jul 01 '12, 7:33 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

First some background:

Snapshots are not entries in the "change history" of a workspace/stream, so you:
- cannot see them in the Pending changes view
- cannot accept them
- cannot deliver them

But this can be confusing because when you create a snapshot in a workspace/stream, it will create a baseline in each component that does not currently have a baseline for the configuration of that component in that workspace/stream.  And the name of each created baseline will be the name of that snapshot.  So it *looks* like you have snapshots showing up in your pending changes view, but you don't ... what you see are incoming/outgoing baselines that were created by the snapshot.  And the fact that these baselines are only created in components that did not already have a baseline for the current configuration exacerbates the potential confusion.

Note also that deleting a snapshot has no effect on any baselines that were created by that snapshot.  So that is why you still see that incoming object in the Pending Changes view ... you are seeing the incoming baseline for that snapshot.

So back to your actual question, the only way to make that incoming baseline disappear is by either:
- doing the replace, as you suggest
- just accepting the incoming baseline (that is the easiest thing to do).

Reminder: Please post your question in the form of a question (I modified the subject of this question to convert it to the question I believe was being asked).

Cheers,
Geoff

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.