It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How do I get rid of a snapshot in my "Pending Changes&q

Nathan Bak (12) | asked Jan 24 '08, 5:26 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I'm not sure how, but I got a snapshot into my "Pending Changes" view. It's not a part of a change set, but rather is listed as a sibling to my changesets. I don't want to deliver the snapshot, but can't get rid of it. I've disassociated it from my workspace and still it remains. Any ideas on how I can get rid of this?

One answer

permanent link
Jean-Michel Lemieux (2.5k11) | answered Jan 24 '08, 7:11 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
This is probably a baseline, when you create a snapshot baselines are created in each component. There are a couple of easy ways to get you into a happy place.

First, the baseline is now "part" of you history, when you baseline we remember that point in time and you just can't take it out without deciding what to do with the change-sets it includes. So the easiest is to just deliver the baseline. That is it, then you can share that interesting point with others. There is no real harm in this.

Or, if you really want to forget about it, deliver the change-sets only, then once the Pending Changes shows that your stream and repository workspace have the same change-sets and all that is different is the baseline, then you can run the Replace With > Latest <stream name> to make your repository workspace the same as the stream. The baseline will be removed from your history.

Jean-Michel
Jazz Source Control Team

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.