It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC Taskboard - Story Cards incorrectly displaying attribute value

Becky McDermott (921139) | asked Nov 29 '18, 10:02 a.m.
I created 2 new custom attributes ("Estimated Story Points" and "Actual Story Points").  On the planning "Taskboard", I edited the "Card Display" and added both of these attributes to the medium and large cards.  When the cards display on the board, these new attributes are always displaying a value of "0" even though the values are non-zero.  If I hover over the card to see the details, I can see that in once case, the story has both of these attributes set to "1 pt" and "1 pt" however the card displays zero.

It does this for all story cards.

Is there a way to make the taskboard cards correctly display the underlying data?

Comments
Becky McDermott commented Nov 29 '18, 10:02 a.m.

I am using RTC version 6.0.3

Gabriel Enriquez commented Dec 03 '18, 6:44 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

What type are your custom attributes? and to which work item type (e.g, Story, Defect, etc) are you defining those custom attributes for?

Note, planning will display a read-only null value for the work item types where those custom attributes do not belong to.

Becky McDermott commented Dec 03 '18, 6:48 p.m.
The type of the attributes is:  Complexity (Enumeration)

not Enumeration List

I have associated both attributes with the work item type "Story".  On my planning board, I have "Story" cards in the first column and both of these attributes are displaying "0".  However if I open the story to see it's details, I can see that there are non-zero story points set on these attributes.

Gabriel Enriquez commented Dec 05 '18, 5:31 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

I was not able to reproduce this behavior on a Scrum-based Project Area  and using RTC 6.0.3. 

I will recommend to open a PMR to further investigation based on your specific process configuration.  See: https://jazz.net/help/support/ for guide on support.

Becky McDermott commented Dec 05 '18, 5:35 p.m.

I have an open PMR and am waiting for IBM to make a recommendation. Thank you for attempting to reproduce.

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.