It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Customization In work item defect

Amitabha Nath (757) | asked Jun 29 '12, 7:55 a.m.
retagged Jun 29 '12, 8:02 a.m. by Pramod Chandoria (2.1k11220)

I have an enum created which I wanted to make mandatory, I have done the changes in team configuration, Operation behavior, but it is not getting applied. using RTC client 3.0.1

Accepted answer

permanent link
Daniel Toczala (88211514) | answered Jan 25 '13, 10:02 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
One thing that a lot of new users of RTC run into is an understanding of what gets impacted when you make process changes.  Existing work items have been created with a different process, and these existing work items will follow the old process.  New work items will follow the new process.  So when you test your process changes, make sure that you test them out on NEW work items, and not existing work items.
Amitabha Nath selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
sam detweiler commented Jan 25 '13, 10:12 a.m.

Unless a Synchronize Attributes is done on the old workitems, and then they are upgraded to the process config at that time.

we've done this now on our systems to upgrade all existing defects to the new process and data model.

One other answer

permanent link
Dinesh Kumar B (4.1k413) | answered Jun 29 '12, 8:26 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Jun 29 '12, 8:27 a.m.
its possible that the enum is created with a default value and the save proceeds taking this default value 

Comments
Amitabha Nath commented Jan 24 '13, 6:15 a.m.

thanks Dinesh

Ralph Schoon commented Jan 24 '13, 6:50 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Please accept the answer, if that solved your problem. That way we know it is closed and answered.

sam detweiler commented Jan 25 '13, 10:14 a.m.

for an enum, you MUST have a default AND an Unassigned choice..
we use 'Unassigned' as the default AND unselected value when we want to force users to change it

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.