It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC and LDAP Base Group DN Configuration Question

Amlan Sengupta (33289) | asked Jan 23 '13, 3:22 a.m.
edited Jan 23 '13, 3:24 a.m.
RTC : 3.0.1.4

Currently my RTC is set up with a
BASE Group DN : ou=Funny People,ou=People,DC=clowns,dc=remote
This works very well and no problem.

In Directory Server a new user has been created in ( there are reasons behind this due to nature of this user account ) :  
BASE Group DN : ou=Not So Funny People,DC=clowns,dc=remote

Is it possible for me to configure RTC to pickup users from two different Base Group DN ? or is my option to move the " new user

from " ou=Not So Funny People,DC=clowns,dc=remote "
to " ou=Funny People,ou=People,DC=clowns,dc=remote "

I realize this is more an LDAP question but I wanted explore if I can configure RTC to do what I need or am I missing something obvious ?

- Amlan

One answer

permanent link
Jared Russell (1.3k12019) | answered Jan 23 '13, 4:19 a.m.
 Is it possible for me to configure RTC to pickup users from two different Base Group DN ?
No, because RTC doesn't pick users up from the base group DN in the first place - it uses the base user DN. The solution in this instance is to modify the base user DN up a level to `dc=clowns,dc=remote` so that you can do a sub-tree search of both OUs.

You will likely also need to modify the LDAP settings of your app server (Tomcat/WAS) to change the base user DN and to ensure sub-tree searching is enabled.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.