It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to track who is logged in to RTC?

Liora Milbaum (513289118) | asked Jun 27 '12, 6:13 a.m.

I want to know track the usage of RTC at my organization. For example: who is logged in right now? How many users are logged in?

Any idea how to do this?

Thanks,

Liora

Accepted answer

permanent link
Curtis d'Entremont (1.3k3) | answered Jun 28 '12, 1:46 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
The application server (e.g. Tomcat or WebSphere Application Server) is probably the best place to look for this. Only it knows which sessions are still valid. Your LDAP server, if you have one, might also tell you who logged in recently, but it wouldn't know about logouts. You could also insert a proxy in front of the server to look for any login/logout requests and keep track of them to achieve the same thing, but this would be a little more involved.

I suggest looking for this in your application server docs.
Liora Milbaum selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Liora Milbaum commented Jul 02 '12, 4:22 a.m.

Thanks. I am looking for a built-in solution in JTS. Maybe a feature request is appropriate.

One other answer

permanent link
Guido Schneider (3.4k1491115) | answered Jul 02 '12, 1:59 p.m.

There is an API function, giving you all floating licenses currently in use.

We are using this in a batchjob and write the result into a text file. Every 10min we append one line with timestamp and all userid's which have a license in use.

This text file we are then using for login and license statistics e.g. in Excel.

If you are interest in such a solution, I could provide more info about the API calls.

Comments
Liora Milbaum commented Dec 15 '12, 1:26 p.m.

Is there an API function for authorized licenses currently in use? 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.