It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How do users "Search the forum" after the magnifying glass disappears?

Drew Cobb (10132015) | asked Jun 22 '12, 12:46 p.m.
On the Jazz.net homepage, when / if users enter text in the "Search the forum" text box, the magnifying glass disappears and there is no apparent way to execute your search.  When I try to execute the search by clicking on the "Enter" key, I am taken to a mostly blank page with only an empty text box with radio buttons for questions, tags and users displayed underneath the text box.  I am using IE 8.0.7600.16385 on Windows 7 (32 bit).

Comments
Seth Packham commented Jun 22 '12, 1:33 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

@jaxjaguar, I think you mean the Forum main page (not Jazz.net home page), and I'm not able to replicate that experience. I enter a search term and hit the Enter key. I tried in IE8 and other browsers. What term are you searching for?

Seth Packham commented Jun 22 '12, 4:04 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

We haven't been able to replicate the blank page behavior, unfortunately.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Dave Thomson (14612) | answered Jun 22 '12, 2:38 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
In the forum main page, when you type in the search box, the magnifying glass does disappear.  This is a bit confusing, but just press Enter to start the search.  This works for me - I am using IE9 and I have tried it on FF10 also.
Seth Packham selected this answer as the correct answer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.