It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to get 'Week Total' value of Timesheet to a report with parameter as Week duration.

Gayathri Vikraman (661129) | asked Jun 08 '12, 1:15 a.m.
I am having a Project Area created from Formal process template. Hence i am able to get TimeEntry table in editor presentation. Now after entering timesheets across many work items in the project area, I would like to get a report in which I get the Week Total across several weeks with parameter as week duration. In BIRT data set I do not get corresponding parameters to enter. Please help me if any one knows how to make this work.

Thanks
Gayathri...

One answer

permanent link
James Moody (3.3k24) | answered Jun 18 '12, 9:15 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,

I'm not very familiar with the timesheet model or workflow, but assuming you're accessing com.ibm.team.workitem.TimeSheetEntry through LIVE_SNAPSHOT, you should take a look at the field "startDate". Now, there is no direct match in the data set for the type of parameter you want the user to pass in to the report. So you'll have to whatever conversion is necessary using javascript. You can do this in your data set on the "Parameters" tab (in the data set editor). You can enter a function, which is just a bunch of javascript code that computes the value the data set is expecting. This function can use (for example) the report parameter value as input.

Let me know if this helps.

james

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.