It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

DM Client for RSA 4.0 M8: Should not locked elements show up at other clients

Petter von Dolwitz (561812) | asked Jun 07 '12, 5:30 a.m.
Hi,

when I edit an UML element in RSA that is under DM control I get a padlock decoration on the locked element in the Design Explorer view. However, this padlock decoration does not seem to be visible to other team members that are working with the same model. Not even after invoking a refreh operation. Shouldn't this be the case?

2 answers

permanent link
W Diu (58026) | answered Jun 07 '12, 10:07 a.m.
The answer is really "it depends."

Are both users on the same workspace?  You can select the workspace by right clicking on the project in the Design Explorer.  If so, it sounds like it hasn't been implemented yet -- in my opinion, it can't show the same padlock decoration (otherwise we wouldn't know if it was locked by the current user or someone else).

Are both users in different workspaces?  In this case, a user locking an element in one workspace shouldn't affect the user in another workspace.

permanent link
Petter von Dolwitz (561812) | answered Jun 07 '12, 10:43 a.m.
Hi,

I am referring to the case where two or more users are working in the same workspace. In the RTC client I can see that the other user gets a padlock together with a label decoration saying that the resource is locked by user nnnn nnnn while I (the locker) have a label decoration saying that it is locked by me. I find that a useful feature in RTC but I am new to design manager and maybe it is not as applicable in DM (shorter locking times or something). Maybe editing a diagram would motivate the feature of having the other user aware of that the resource is locked and by whom.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.