It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

DM 4.0.1 with RSoftA: Hard to identify change information and not as mature as RTC for source control

Frank Ning (50025119133) | asked Mar 02 '13, 9:31 p.m.

Hello,

I am really having difficult time to navigate inside DM to find source/version control information.

1. If changes are in changeset in an outgoing folder on pending change view, are they already on server or still on my local folder/workspace?

2. I don't see "Unresolved" folder in pending change nor an option to undo or disgard changes

3. In Design explorer, I can only find history in RSA client, not on web GUI. However, it only lists the changeset name(s) without allowing me to follow to find its associated work item nor what changed in the changeset.

4. On WebUI, clicking the changeset on the Links tab of the workitem shows blank page.

5. I could not find how we can set precondition and follow-on action. For instance, changes can not be delivered unless there are associated work items and approved approval or review records etc.

In summary, it is difficult or impossible to track changes with work items and change sets in DM. Really feel DM is quite unmature compared with RTC. The components and streams are hidden or even do not exist? Can a single version control mechanism be introduced within CLM for all applications like ccm and dm? Or even rm?

Sorry for so many questions in one post. Appreciate if you can share some thoughts and future plans about DM to ease (at least my) pains regarding changes in DM.

One answer

permanent link
Daniel Leroux (2254) | answered Mar 02 '13, 11:03 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Frank,

DM and the version control component/application is uses called VVC are fairly new and so are evolving quickly.   I cannot comment specifically on roadmap/plans in the forum but if you browse the workitems in the DM project and look at the VVC component plans for 4.0.2/4.0.3 and 5.0 backlog you will see significant future capabilities are on the backlog.

1. Yes, once you do a save, the changes are on the server.
2.  I will have to try this one....there is a way to discard a changeset before it is committed.
3. The history in the web UI is difficult to find and there is a defect/enhancement to make this easier to discover.   If you open a configuration (e.g. open current configuration) and then go to the Resources tab, pick your resource and you can invoke history.  
4. A known defect in 4.0.1.  This is resolved in 4.0.2 RC builds.
5. DM does not have a process engine/integration at this time.   This is on the backlog plan as well.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.