It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How can one team managing several release levels of same System UML work using Design Manager?

Bipul Sarma (30179) | asked Jul 20 '12, 5:29 a.m.
I have an architecture team that typically works on 3 releases of the same system in parallel. I need to know how well this publish feature will work when one team is managing several release levels of the same System UML model

One answer

permanent link
Don Yantzi (33644) | answered Jul 20 '12, 1:34 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Bipul,

By "publish" do you mean importing the models into DM from an SCM?

If you use a DM managed project instead of an externally managed (i.e. imported) project then you can have DM directly manage the parallel development. DM 4.0 has the concept of workspaces, change sets, and snapshots.. You can create child workspaces that allow for the parallel changes. Those child workspaces can accept and deliver change sets with the parent workspace.

You can create / configure workspaces form the Web UI. Log into the project area and in the top of the browser window you will see a drop down to the left of your login name. You may also see the name of a workspace there already (this is the current workspace you are using and where changes will go). Select the drop down arrow and select Explorer Configurations. When you click on an workspace you can use the actions to accept / deliver changes sets.

Don

Comments
Bipul Sarma commented Jul 20 '12, 2:48 p.m.

By "publish" I meant uploading the design into DM from RSA in actively managed mode.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.