It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RIDW schema exists in DW.

Michael MacDougall (133) | asked Jun 06 '12, 11:38 a.m.
I have been trying to get the RRDI20RC5 installed on a machine but have a few questions on the DW to be used in the 'Configure Data Warehouse' step in the Rational Reporting setup.

I have created an existing Datawarehouse, and am trying to point to that one but am getting:
"CRRRD4780E: The schema RIDW is not empty. No objects can exist under this schema. Drop all objects before continuing. Error Code: 4780'."

Any idea what may be causing this issue.
Much Thanks.

2 answers

permanent link
Jun Wang (6077) | answered Jun 08 '12, 1:25 a.m.
Hi, Michael,

Which type of DBMS are you using?
Please checking your database is there RIDW schema existed in your database.

You said you have created an existing DW, when and how did you create it? Using any CLM build to create the DW or previous RRDI 2.0 build to create it? You saw this error when you were trying to point the data warehouse to your existing DW on RRDI20RC5, right?

As far as I known, RRDI does not support milestone to milestone DW schema migration, so you would have to drop the schemas and recreate them in RRDI again.

But I think you would get a more precise answer from RRDI developers when you add the tag to "rational-insight" or post the question at https://jazz.net/forum/tags/rational-insight/.

permanent link
Michael MacDougall (133) | answered Jun 14 '12, 10:57 a.m.
Thank you Jun.
In the end it was as you noted - the incompatibility between milestone versions.
Rolled back to the released version of both RQM + RRDI and the installation went smoothly.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.