It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Why is the closed and show results button grayed out?

Michael Schiralli (122) | asked Jun 06 '12, 11:27 a.m.
Hi All,

I have ran into a strange issue.  Here are the quick specifics of the course of action:
I created a test plan
I created a test case
I created a simple automated script in RFT that simply prints out "hi"
I imported the test script
I added the automated script to the test case
I added the test case to the test plan
I created a suite
I went into test plan and added the suite to the test plan
I went back to the suite and added the test case to the suite
I then started an adapter on a pc and ran the suite
On the Test Suite Execution Console screen, it says that my test script passed and is completed and is at 100%
However, the close and show results button is grayed out
In addition, when I look at the test suite execution record, it says that the test is in progress
Has anybody ran into this issue or know what to do?
Much thanks!

One answer

permanent link
Jerry Shengulette (63914) | answered Jun 07 '12, 1:58 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I wouldn't say this is a "common" problem but it's a "not unknown" symptom with different causes.  To that end, there are relevant fixes contained in various fixpacks.  From which version are you starting?

Then go to the Test Suite results table and modify the Actual Result field of the Suite Result and see if the problem persists.

If it does, if applicable, you may need to go to next RQM version and/or open a support item via http://www.ibm.com/support/servicerequest/

Comments
Michael Schiralli commented Jun 07 '12, 2:25 p.m.

Thank you, Jerry. Just now I realized that the way I imported scripts is incorrect. I need to use the "Use test resources that are local to a test machine" option. I did this, and my tests ran successfully. Thank you again for the information.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.