It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Hi All how can we mark a step in test script as "Reporting" or "Execution" while importing test cases in excel i have heard of testscript.steps.type=G or whatever

Anuj Shrivastav (11166) | asked Jun 17 '13, 5:44 p.m.
retagged Jun 22 '13, 2:55 p.m. by Lisa Caten (342913)
 Hi All how can we mark a step in test script as "Reporting" or "Execution" while importing test cases in excel i have heard of testscript.steps.type=G or whatever

Please do share any idea if you have for marking the test steps individually as reporting or execution while importing test cases thru excel

4 answers

permanent link
Hao Wan (1.5k35) | answered Jun 18 '13, 9:43 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 Hi Anuj,
you need to make sure each step has a type ("execution" / "reporting"), are you missing to assign the value for some of them?

after checking if it still failed, would you please using the "Export to File" function and attach the xml file?

permanent link
Hao Wan (1.5k35) | answered Jun 18 '13, 2:28 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 Hi Anuj,
yes you can use the "testscript.steps.type=G" config with the value "execution" or "reporting"

permanent link
Anuj Shrivastav (11166) | answered Jun 18 '13, 1:59 p.m.
 Thanks Hao!!!
but unfortunately when I am using the command  testscript.steps.type=G with values in G column as Reporting or Execution I am receiving below error

6/18/2013 11:46:11 AM: Error sending to server Regression-NP6-ERC_-_Grill_Choice_ButtonArea-Test_Script_0001_Detailed_Test_Case_1.xml of type testscript

Not Sure if testscript.steps.type is used for Manual or Automation classification
Although if I comment the above command my  test cases are imported successfully but all the steps in test scripts are be default execution steps

permanent link
Anuj Shrivastav (11166) | answered Jun 20 '13, 2:32 p.m.
 Thanks Hao, the problem was not all the steps were assigned when i did that it worked

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.