It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

NNTP Forum Access: "Connection refused"

Garrett Rolfs (8388) | asked Jun 04 '12, 2:56 p.m.
edited Jun 07 '12, 3:26 p.m. by Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035)
I have been viewing the forums via NNTP for quite some time.  Starting about 2 weeks ago I have been unable to access due to "connection refused" errors.  I had a colleague try and he experienced the same result.  Is there a problem with NNTP access?

Thank you,

-Garrett Rolfs

Comments
Seth Packham commented Jun 04 '12, 5:49 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Garrett,

Spencer is right in his answer below. We are sorry for the abrupt discontinuation, but we really hope that the new forum model and additional features will more than make up for the loss of NNTP access. You can try adding favorite tags to get email notifications whenever new questions come in with that tag.

Seth Packham Jazz.net Team Lead

Accepted answer

permanent link
Spencer Griffin (41126) | answered Jun 04 '12, 3:28 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
NNTP support has been discontinued with the rollout of the new forum.
Seth Packham selected this answer as the correct answer

One other answer

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Jun 07 '12, 5:22 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
I use the "subscribe" mechanism to provide off-line (non-web) access via my mail reader.
Not as good as a news reader, but better than nothing.

Note: You might want to add your support to https://jazz.net/jazz02/web/projects/Community%20Feedback#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=68691 so that you can group the email messages by subject.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.