It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

WHY? WHY?! WHY???!!!

Jirong Hu (1.5k9295258) | asked Jun 05 '12, 2:23 p.m.
edited Jun 10 '12, 3:55 p.m. by Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035)
The original forum was perfect for me. Who's idea to use this new design?! What's the point to come out something like this?

This new one is too complicate, too hard to use. OK, enough complains, I just want to do some simple jobs which is available in the old format.

1. How can I search all my posts in RTC forum? Listed by latest posts first.
2. Is the old archive or format still available? 

Thanks
Jirong

Comments
Jirong Hu commented Jun 05 '12, 3:14 p.m. | edited Jun 05 '12, 4:19 p.m.

OK, my apologize, thanks for all the replies. We have to adapt to the changing world.

Jirong 

Accepted answer

permanent link
Seth Packham (1.4k42213) | answered Jun 05 '12, 2:44 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Jun 05 '12, 2:47 p.m.
Hi Jirong, I will try to answer each of your four questions:

>> Who's idea to use this new design?!
It was my idea to use this new design ;-)

>> What's the point to come out something like this?
The point is because no one could find answers in the old forum. This new forum is infinitely better for eliciting and finding answers.

>> How can I search all my posts in RTC forum? Listed by latest posts first?
To see all your activity, click My Profile above

>> Is the old archive or format still available.
All the data has been migrated to this new format, but the old format is not available.

Once you see how easily it is for me to define my answer, get votes up and down, for you to mark my answer as correct, I think you may see that this forum is much better than old one. And that is just the tip of the iceberg.

Seth Packham selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Scott Crouch commented Jun 05 '12, 4:43 p.m.

@Seth, love the new format. Thank you for your work on this.

Seth Packham commented Jun 05 '12, 5:05 p.m.

@sac625 Thanks, sir! My team appreciates all the feedback.

Guy Slade commented Jun 05 '12, 5:44 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

@Seth I also like the new look and the devious way that this has now become a competition on getting the most rep points (my PBC is going to have 'make it to page one of the forum users sorted by rep'). I really hate how it all seems to be driven by email I now have a brand new source of a gazillion emails that I somehow have to wade through each day. I liked being able to use the feed from the old forum and quickly eyeball new entries through a feed reader. Is there a way I can read this through a reader still? I couldn't see anything obvious.

Seth Packham commented Jun 06 '12, 10:24 a.m.

@gslade there are RSS feeds from all sorts of places in the Forum: feed for all questions, feed for specific tag, feed for a question, etc. Look around and you will see the RSS icon on various pages:

https://jazz.net/forum/questions/?type=rss https://jazz.net/forum/tags/rational-team-concert/?type=rss

Guy Slade commented Jun 06 '12, 1:11 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

yep, I'm an idiot ...... or just blind ..... I see the feed icon now

2 other answers

permanent link
Spencer Griffin (41126) | answered Jun 05 '12, 2:43 p.m.
edited Jun 05 '12, 2:44 p.m.
I'm sorry that you're having trouble using the new forum. Our main goals in switching to a Q&A model were to allow users to identify (a) which questions have been answered, and (b) which responses contain the correct answer and valuable information.

1. You can see your latest posts by viewing your profile at https://jazz.net/forum/users/hujirong.
2. The old format is no longer available.

If you have any suggestions about how we can improve the forum or make it easier to use, feel free to open a work item.

permanent link
David Olsen (5237) | answered Jun 05 '12, 2:45 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I can't answer your question about why the change was made, but I can answer your two specific questions.

1.  To view your posts, click on the My Profile tab near the top.  Right there on the overview tab will be a list of all your questions (or all the topics that you started in the old forums) and a list of all of your answers (or all of your replies in the old forum).  To sort them so that the most recent ones are first, click on "Newest" in the header of each of the lists.

2.  No, the old format is not publicly available.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.