It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Buildf Forge - SSH

vikash kumar (122) | asked Jun 04 '12, 9:57 a.m.
can i connect bfagent via build forge console using ssh key file authentication.

One answer

permanent link
Spencer Murata (2.3k115971) | answered Jun 04 '12, 10:15 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
We do support SSL via certificates.  If the goal is secure communications without sending the user/password that is probably what you want.  Check here:  http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/bldforge/v7r1m2/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.rational.buildforge.doc%2Ftopics%2Fconfig_sec_ssl_enabling_agent_comm.html

Comments
vikash kumar commented Jun 04 '12, 10:26 a.m.

Using SSH key file authetication you can login to the sytem with a key file and you don't require a password. Can we do something similar when connecting buildforge agent via console.

Spencer Murata commented Jun 04 '12, 10:41 a.m.

Yes that is what you can do with the SSL directions.

vikash kumar commented Jun 04 '12, 4:44 p.m.

The goal is to run a script on bfagent server from build forge console. for ex: run command ls -l on a server from bfconsole. I don't want to provide any userid and password of the target server inside build forge console Server --> Server auth.

Spencer Murata commented Jun 05 '12, 9:10 a.m.

You will always have to provide the credentials in BF. At the very least we need to know what user to run as when we start the command. You can secure the connection, but you will always need to provide some kind of credentials for Build Forge.

vikash kumar commented Jun 05 '12, 9:51 a.m.

My question was instead of using the userid and password in the server auth. can we use ssh key file authentication to connect a server.

Spencer Murata commented Jun 06 '12, 10:27 a.m.

You won't be able to use the SSH key instead of the server auth. You would be able to use it to secure the connection.

showing 5 of 6 show 1 more comments

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.