It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Way to find Unresolved work items owned by archived users

Susan Hanson (1.6k2201194) | asked May 27 '12, 11:33 p.m.
and yes, i know, this shouldn't happen, but ...

We have a set of work items that we've run across where the work item is Unresolved by the "owned by" person is no longer with the team or with the company, and they show up as "archived user". However, i can't find a way to actually build a query to hunt for these so that I can go find a new owner for them.

Has anyone tried to do this before and found a way to do it?

Susan Hanson

2 answers

permanent link
David Olsen (5237) | answered May 28 '12, 1:13 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

We have a set of work items that we've run across where the work item is Unresolved by the "owned by" person is no longer with the team or with the company, and they show up as "archived user". However, i can't find a way to actually build a query to hunt for these so that I can go find a new owner for them.

I don't know of a way to write a work item query that will select only archived users, so I don't think you can do exactly what you want. But I have another idea that might work...

Create a query that finds all open work items assigned to your team, sorted by owner. When you run the query, the work items assigned to the wrong people should be easy enough to find. (Though it might be a little tedious to page through the results if you have lots and lots of work items assigned to the correct people.)

--
David Olsen, IBM Rational, Jazz Process Team

permanent link
Susan Hanson (1.6k2201194) | answered May 28 '12, 1:24 a.m.

I don't know of a way to write a work item query that will select only archived users, so I don't think you can do exactly what you want. But I have another idea that might work...

Create a query that finds all open work items assigned to your team, sorted by owner. When you run the query, the work items assigned to the wrong people should be easy enough to find. (Though it might be a little tedious to page through the results if you have lots and lots of work items assigned to the correct people.)

--
David Olsen, IBM Rational, Jazz Process Team

Unfortunately, it is a bit bigger than just a team ... I am an RTC Administrator trying to "clean up" prior to migrating work to a different project area. And my "team" basically has about 600 people in it :-)

Susan

Comments
sam detweiler commented Jan 16 '14, 10:44 a.m. | edited Jan 16 '14, 10:47 a.m.

Susan, did u ever build a solution for this?

| never mind.. on 4.0.4 (at least)  you can do this now

Susan Hanson commented Jan 16 '14, 6:33 p.m.

Yea, we are working plans to move to 4.0.5, so I didn't bother writing something :-)  I knew it was coming.

Susan

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.