It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC file/element revision history

Gary Dang (59328855) | asked May 21 '12, 3:01 p.m.
In RTC web client or Eclipse client, is there a way to display the revision history of a file in my respository workspace or in the stream that I deliver the change to? In ClearCase, I can look at the version history of the file (version tree) regardless what UCM activity the change was made against. I am looking for something like that in RTC.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Rosa Naranjo (2.9k11623) | answered Sep 25 '14, 1:26 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
With version 5.0, it is now possible to get version ids for files stored in SCM. See https://jazz.net/downloads/rational-team-concert/releases/5.0?p=news#version-identifier-feature
Gary Dang selected this answer as the correct answer

3 other answers

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered May 21 '12, 11:14 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
The comments I made below only apply to the Eclipse client.
In the Web client, all you can get is what you are currently seeing in the History tab. Note that in neither client would you get version numbers like 1, 2, 3. This functionality is requested in work item 194876. We are currently investigating providing this functionality in an optional plug-in. Add a comment to 194876 if you would be interested in taking a look at this if/when it becomes available.

Cheers,
Geoff

Geoff,
Is this the 'History' tab in the web client? If it is, then we're not seeing a history verion tree but only a list of change sets and the associated work item. Ideally, it would list the versions with version number, like 1, 2, 3, etc.
Thanks.
Derry
In the Eclipse client, you can right click over a file loaded into a workspace and select "Team -> Show History". This shows you the history of that file in that workspace. You can then click on the "show all in repository" tool icon, to see the history of all versions of that file. (You can do the same thing to a file in a stream/workspace repository files view, with the "Show History" operation).

Cheers,
Geoff

In RTC web client or Eclipse client, is there a way to display the revision history of a file in my respository workspace or in the stream that I deliver the change to? In ClearCase, I can look at the version history of the file (version tree) regardless what UCM activity the change was made against. I am looking for something like that in RTC.

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered May 21 '12, 4:07 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
In the Eclipse client, you can right click over a file loaded into a workspace and select "Team -> Show History". This shows you the history of that file in that workspace. You can then click on the "show all in repository" tool icon, to see the history of all versions of that file. (You can do the same thing to a file in a stream/workspace repository files view, with the "Show History" operation).

Cheers,
Geoff

Comments
vishnudharan manivannan commented Jan 13 '16, 1:59 a.m.

Hello Geoffrey,

Is it possible to see the version ID's of the changesets in the workitem somehow ?

Thanks,
Vishnu M

permanent link
derry davis (23221916) | answered May 21 '12, 4:51 p.m.
Geoff,
Is this the 'History' tab in the web client? If it is, then we're not seeing a history verion tree but only a list of change sets and the associated work item. Ideally, it would list the versions with version number, like 1, 2, 3, etc.
Thanks.
Derry

Cheers,
Geoff

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.