It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Export plan to XML brings up blank page and logs an error

Kyle Christianson (1261615) | asked Mar 16 '12, 3:50 p.m.
I have a user who wishes to export their plan to an XML file. However, whenever we click the Export plan to XML button the browser is redirected to a blank page and no file is available for download. We've tried several different browsers and it doesn't work on any of them. However it only seems happens for this one plan.

RTC version: 3.0.1.1
Client: Web (all browsers)

The blank page that comes up has a URL similar to the following:
https://XXXX:9443/jazz/service/com.ibm.team.tpt.common.internal.IImpexService?PROJECT_ID=MyProject&Plan_ID=_UxVd0EIJEeGdPrssb8Fxly

Also the server logs the following error. Note there is no stack trace or further info:
2012-03-16 14:41:39,717 ERROR com.ibm.team.tpt.internal.service.ImpexService -

Anyone else seen this happen or any ideas on how to debug it?

Kyle Christianson
STG Rational Solutions

5 answers

permanent link
VK L (8177155159) | answered May 03 '12, 5:28 a.m.
Hi All,
I am facing a similar issue while importing microsoft project plans. Which browser would support this particular feature?

Hi Kyle,

If the issue is happening on a specific project then it would not be a whitelisting issue. What is the browser you are using? Can you use firebug and see if there are exceptions shown on the console?

It would be better to contact support for this particular issue so that they can have a closer look at the specific project causing the issue.

Thanks,
Sharoon

Hi Sharoon, thanks for the quick reply.

There are no whitelist URLs for the server or its JTS. What URL would I need to whitelist? For example, the service seems to be on "https://XXXX:9443" which is the same host as the ccm, so I wouldn't think it needs to be whitelisted would it?

Also other plans in the same project are able to export plans to XML, so it seems this could be related specifically to this plan rather than a server configuration problem. Any more ideas on how to debug it?

permanent link
Sharoon Shetty Kuriyala (55133) | answered Mar 19 '12, 1:20 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,

Is the server configured to whitelist services? If yes, have the services needed for the MS Project export been whitelisted?

The issue regarding MS Project integration logging is reported in 194535: ImpexService does not log message

Thanks,
Sharoon

I have a user who wishes to export their plan to an XML file. However, whenever we click the Export plan to XML button the browser is redirected to a blank page and no file is available for download. We've tried several different browsers and it doesn't work on any of them. However it only seems happens for this one plan.

RTC version: 3.0.1.1
Client: Web (all browsers)

The blank page that comes up has a URL similar to the following:
https://XXXX:9443/jazz/service/com.ibm.team.tpt.common.internal.IImpexService?PROJECT_ID=MyProject&Plan_ID=_UxVd0EIJEeGdPrssb8Fxly

Also the server logs the following error. Note there is no stack trace or further info:
2012-03-16 14:41:39,717 ERROR com.ibm.team.tpt.internal.service.ImpexService -

Anyone else seen this happen or any ideas on how to debug it?

Kyle Christianson
STG Rational Solutions

permanent link
Kyle Christianson (1261615) | answered Mar 19 '12, 9:14 a.m.

There are no whitelist URLs for the server or its JTS. What URL would I need to whitelist? For example, the service seems to be on "https://XXXX:9443" which is the same host as the ccm, so I wouldn't think it needs to be whitelisted would it?

Also other plans in the same project are able to export plans to XML, so it seems this could be related specifically to this plan rather than a server configuration problem. Any more ideas on how to debug it?

permanent link
Sharoon Shetty Kuriyala (55133) | answered Mar 20 '12, 9:10 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Kyle,

If the issue is happening on a specific project then it would not be a whitelisting issue. What is the browser you are using? Can you use firebug and see if there are exceptions shown on the console?

It would be better to contact support for this particular issue so that they can have a closer look at the specific project causing the issue.

Thanks,
Sharoon

permanent link
Aradhya K (1.4k44345) | answered Jun 08 '12, 2:27 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
The problem in the case of not able to export the plans is with the work item present in the plans.
Check if any of the work items in the plan have a Related artifacts link.
The problem is with the Related Artifacts link for the work item. The Related Artifacts link has 2 fields:
1. URL.
2. Comment.
The issue will happen if the Comment is empty.
This problem will be handled in Unable to export plan if it contains work item that has Related Artifacts link. (214324). Please check this defect for further information.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.