It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Dashboard template needs the viewlet id

Jia Jia Li (8058157192) | asked Mar 16 '12, 10:00 a.m.
Hi,
I want to customize the dashboard template for project and team, and I want to add the feeds viewlet of my related work items. But I do not know the viewlet id.

And I also want to add other out of box viewlet as default project dashboard.

How can I search all the out of box viewlet id?

THanks!

2 answers

permanent link
Curtis d'Entremont (1.3k3) | answered Mar 16 '12, 10:08 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,

I'm guessing you're probably looking at the process configuation source view and trying to compose the XML for your templates? You can actually use the dashboard template editor for this instead. You can find it by opening the project in the Rational Team Concert rich client, go to the Process Configuration tab, and expand to Project Configuration > Configuration Data > Dashboards > Dashboard Templates.

To add a viewlet, select a column in a template and click Add viewlet. You will then see a Browse button to select the viewlet you want to add and customize its preferences.

permanent link
Jia Jia Li (8058157192) | answered Mar 16 '12, 11:20 a.m.
Thanks for your reply very much!
In fact, I am in Project Configuration > Configuration Data > Dashboards > Dashboard Templates, and I browse the out of box viewlet, but did not find what I looking for such as "my work item change" viewlet in Feed category.

So I want to know all the viewlets id :)

Hi,

I'm guessing you're probably looking at the process configuation source view and trying to compose the XML for your templates? You can actually use the dashboard template editor for this instead. You can find it by opening the project in the Rational Team Concert rich client, go to the Process Configuration tab, and expand to Project Configuration > Configuration Data > Dashboards > Dashboard Templates.

To add a viewlet, select a column in a template and click Add viewlet. You will then see a Browse button to select the viewlet you want to add and customize its preferences.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.