It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Sametime presence in RTC

Nigel Jones (2132) | asked Sep 22 '10, 12:03 p.m.
Hi, I'm using RTC 2(latest - .0.0.2 iFix 4?) with notes 8.5.2
However I'm unable to get presence to work correctly within RTC

I have the following in c:\notes\framework\rcp\plugin_customization.ini
com.ibm.collaboration.realtime.brokerbridge/startBroker=true

The plugin is installed

Under RTCs Preferences->Instant Messaging I have sametime 8/notes 8.0.1 selected with my sametime ID

The correct plugins look to be present as well as in platform.xml:
com.ibm.collaboration.realtime.brokerbridge.feature
com.ibm.micro.*.feature
com.ibm.mqttclient.*.feature

However an attempt to connect gives me the error to check the above & confirm connectivity to port 1883/51883

There is nothing listening on this port, so it would appear to be primarily a notes configuration issue -- however it doesn't appear to be used that broadly so thought it best to ask here

Suggestions?

2 answers

permanent link
Christophe Elek (2.9k13021) | answered Sep 22 '10, 4:28 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi, I'm using RTC 2(latest - .0.0.2 iFix 4?) with notes 8.5.2

You may face this issue , can you confirm ?
https://jazz.net/jazz/resource/itemName/com.ibm.team.workitem.WorkItem/127421

permanent link
Nigel Jones (2132) | answered Sep 23 '10, 5:15 a.m.
Not entirely clear from that workitem....

When I checked my installed plugins I do appear to have all of those listed as being required for the broker, but even though "startBroker" is set to true there appears nothing listening on the required port.

It's possible this is purely a notes client issue rather than jazz, but since I'm not aware of other applications that use it (at least not amongst my peers) I thought the community here may be more aware of the issues than the general notes population.

Another thought that came to mind was around admin lock-down. I know the ability to install apps can be configured centrally & will override options in the plugin-customization.ini. I wonder if the same applies to the broker configuration -- so that despite locally being configured to start, in fact this is being overridden by central policy.

However ultimately the missing capability is perceived as being in jazz, since that is where the presence information is no longer shown.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.