It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Browser add-in not loading in 3.0.1.2

Thomas Stephens (12656) | asked Feb 27 '12, 2:17 p.m.
I am not able to get the browser add-in for 3.0.1.2 to load.
1. download and install addin
2. reboot browser
3. get message: ID CRRRW7386E The editor could not be started because the Editor Runtime Environment is not available. Uninstall the Browser Add-on Plug-in, restart the browser, and reinstall the plug-in to resolve the issue.
4. uninstall add-in
5. reboot browser
6. goto step 1

Endless loop.
Same error on IE7 or FF 2.6.24

From about this application:
About the Requirements Management Application

Build Information Version Build ID
Jazz Foundation - Core Libraries 3.0.1.2 RJF-I20111207-1350
Requirements Management - Core Libraries 3.0.1.2 I20111221_1303
About the Rational Jazz Team Server

Build Information Version Build ID
Jazz Foundation - Core Libraries 3.0.1.2 RJF-I20111207-1350
Client Access License Types Assigned to user Stephens, Thomas L.

Product Edition Type
Rational Team Concert Developer-Floating
Rational Quality Manager Quality Professional-Floating
Rational Requirements Composer Analyst-Floating

5 answers

permanent link
Stef van Dijk (2.0k179) | answered Feb 27 '12, 5:35 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Thomas. Sorry you're having trouble with the add-on.

You might want to have a look at this page for some common issues with installing the browser add-on:
https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/RRCBrowserAddOns

A couple of things that have typically resulted in issues are:
- firewall or anti-virus software blocking the download/install
- browser security settings
- another copy of the JRE running in another tab

One thing you can check is to look here:
C:\Documents and Settings\{Windows Login}\IBM\RRCAddOn-3.0.1.2

If the files were actually downloaded and installed properly, you should see the following subdirectories:
ff (for the Firefox installation)
ie (for the Internet Explorer installation)
jre
osgi

Let us know what you discover and if you need further assistance.

permanent link
Carole Schwarz (3613) | answered Feb 28 '12, 11:16 a.m.
I am not able to get the browser add-in for 3.0.1.2 to load.
1. download and install addin
2. reboot browser
3. get message: ID CRRRW7386E The editor could not be started because the Editor Runtime Environment is not available. Uninstall the Browser Add-on Plug-in, restart the browser, and reinstall the plug-in to resolve the issue.
4. uninstall add-in
5. reboot browser
6. goto step 1

Endless loop.
Same error on IE7 or FF 2.6.24

From about this application:
About the Requirements Management Application

Hi Thomas,

Our organization had the same issue for most of our users, we were able to fix it using the workaround where you add the RRC Addon files manually to the IBM folder (turns out our McAfee firewall solution was blocking about 1/2 of the files).

I've also run into a couple of jscript issues, keeping the Java SE6 installed (don't upgrade or put in a different folder) worked for me.

Hope that helps... thanks!

permanent link
AOC Admin (13631917) | answered Feb 28 '12, 7:14 p.m.
Hi,

We are also having the same issue..

On IE, we go through the whole "Additional plugins are required", install plugin, close broswer, restart browser, repeat cycle.. without even getting that far

with FF, even though I do not have an installed plugin, i get the following error
The editor could not be started because the Editor Runtime Environment is not available. Uninstall the Browser Add-on Plug-in, restart the browser, and reinstall the plug-in to resolve the issue.

We are on v.3.0.1.. I tried to get the plugin from the sandbox projects on the jazz.net site too but this time it simply doesn't want to work.. it has been over 2 weeks that I opened a ticket with Rational Support... still waiting to hear back..

It is very frustrating that we haven't had any changes to the server or user machines (a windows patch possibly).. we are not using McAfee and it went from not having any users running, to having them all up and running with both the browsers and then back to no one running.. and this is without changing anything on our end..

permanent link
yolanda moya (1112) | answered Jul 19 '12, 10:48 a.m.
Hi,

Any answers on this issue? I have exactly the same problem.

Comments
Robin Bater commented Jul 24 '12, 12:44 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

This wiki page might help with some of the common problems https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/RRCBrowserAddOns

permanent link
Anthony Kesterton (7.5k7180136) | answered Mar 02 '12, 11:57 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,

We are also having the same issue..

On IE, we go through the whole "Additional plugins are required", install plugin, close broswer, restart browser, repeat cycle.. without even getting that far

with FF, even though I do not have an installed plugin, i get the following error
The editor could not be started because the Editor Runtime Environment is not available. Uninstall the Browser Add-on Plug-in, restart the browser, and reinstall the plug-in to resolve the issue.

We are on v.3.0.1.. I tried to get the plugin from the sandbox projects on the jazz.net site too but this time it simply doesn't want to work.. it has been over 2 weeks that I opened a ticket with Rational Support... still waiting to hear back..

It is very frustrating that we haven't had any changes to the server or user machines (a windows patch possibly).. we are not using McAfee and it went from not having any users running, to having them all up and running with both the browsers and then back to no one running.. and this is without changing anything on our end..

Hi

If you have an open ticket with support and still waiting for a reply after two weeks - call in to your local support desk with the PMR number and ask to speak to the duty manager. They will make sure you get a response.

anthony

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.