It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Why do I get an RM login error when uploading the Requirements 001 RQMExcelImporter sample?

Andrew Trobec (49712144139) | asked Oct 01 '13, 2:46 a.m.
retagged Oct 01 '13, 3:36 p.m. by Erica Tran (1.4k7)
Hello,

I am using RQM 4.0.0.1 and RQMExcelImporter 4.0.0.1.  I have tried to run the Requirements 001.xls sample but I cannot login to the RM project area.  When I click on the Export button on the Export to RQM window, I get the RmLoginDialog window in which I specify the RM project area that is linked to the CCM project area (it's the only one that appears in the list).  After selecting, the RM User field automatically gets filled with the value ADMIN, which I replace with my credentials.  When I click on Validate, I get the error Invalid RM UserName / Password. Please contact your system administrator.  I am 100% certain that my credentials are correct, and I can freely browse the RM project area in question via browser.

What am I doing wrong and how can I get this to work?

Thank you and best regards,

Andrew

Comments
Erica Tran commented Oct 01 '13, 3:42 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Andrew,
Is the user a member of the RM project with a proper role and license to update the project?  Does anything get logged in the Mso2Rqm_Debug.log file that can help narrow down the problem?

Andrew Trobec commented Oct 02 '13, 2:11 a.m.

@choye

Hello Erica,
Thank you for your reply.
The log file contains

02/10/2013 08:04:17: INFO: <Unknown Caller Context>: response from project has response content key 
02/10/2013 08:04:17: INFO: <Unknown Caller Context>: response has keys: System.Collections.Hashtable+HashtableEnumerator
02/10/2013 08:04:45: ERROR: <Unknown Caller Context>: Exception when get from RM server: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.

My profile has JazzUsers and JazzProjectAdmins repository permissions and the Rational Requirements Composer - Analyst CAL.
On the project area in question I have the role Administrator that has all permissions for project and team configuration.
I still get that error.
What configuration is required to be able to get the sample to work?
Best regards,
Andrew

Erica Tran commented Oct 02 '13, 1:15 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Andrew,
It looks like there is a defect.  Please look at Ara's answer and try a later version of the tool.

Andrew Trobec commented Oct 03 '13, 2:33 a.m.

@choye

Hello Erica,
I followed Ara's suggestion but this does not resolve the problem.  Are you able to import the sample successfully?
Regards,
Andrew 

Erica Tran commented Oct 03 '13, 12:08 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Andrew,

I have version 4.0.3.  I can successfully create requirements using the sample Requirements 001.xls.  The only thing I did was made sure I had a RM project associated with the QM project.  And also I had to make sure I have a requirement type called "Requirement" as this is the type in the sample .cfg file.  If you continue to see issues, I would suggest creating a PMR.

Test Requirement Import

One answer

permanent link
Ara Masrof (3.2k15) | answered Oct 02 '13, 8:11 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 Andrew,
I would try using the 4.0.1 version of the Excel/Word tool rather than 4.0.0.1 (The 4..0.1 version  of the tool will be work with QM 4.0.0.1)
There is a known defect which is very similar to the behavior you are encountering

It was addressed in 4.0.1

Comments
Andrew Trobec commented Oct 03 '13, 2:32 a.m.

@amasrof

Hello Ara,
I tried version 4.0.1 and 4.0.3 of the tool but I still get the same error.  Are you able to import the sample successfully?
Regards,
Andrew

Ara Masrof commented Oct 03 '13, 12:28 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Andrew,

Yes, I'm using a 4.0.3 system and it imported fine:
The user I am specifying is associated to both the QM and RM project areas in question and has a QM quality profession license along with an RM analyst license

is there anything unique of the architecture or setup of your environment? Are you connecting via a proxy? Is this a distributed environment...etc?

Andrew Trobec commented Oct 07 '13, 2:45 a.m.

@amasrof

Hello Ara,
I am not sure of the architecture since I am not a system admin, but I don't use a proxy.
My profile has the same licenses as yours, and I have full permissions on the project areas.
I'll run some tests on other machines and open a PMR if necessary as suggested by Erica.
Thanks!
Andrew

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.