It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Automating the setting of certain attributes using a script in RRC

Olivier Béghain (1082133) | asked Sep 19 '13, 4:26 p.m.
edited Sep 19 '13, 4:29 p.m.
Hello,

Actually, I've a RRC project area which have its structure evolving in function of the needs of the customer. As such, I've a certain type of requirement item (feature) for which VHL (Very High Level) estimates are captured but these estimates aren't captured directly in attributes of the requirement item but instead as attributes of another requirement item that is associated through a certain relationship to the "feature". This is needed in order to allow the recording of variants of the estimates for the same feature.

After the review of the suggested estimates (per feature), I want to replicate the value of one attribute of the associated requirement type (artefact) into an attribute part of the feature. In the past, when using RequisitePro, I could do by writing small script. 

I would like to achieve the automation of this "replication" (with eventually some additional logic) in RRC. In RTC, we can build some additional logic but what about RRC? Any pointer is welcome.

Could it be possible to envisage the launch of user-defined "macros" (scripts) from the UI of RRC in next releases?

Regards,
Olivier.

One answer

permanent link
Daniel Moul (4.9k1318) | answered Oct 16 '13, 9:06 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
There is a plan item in 4.0.5 time frame related to extensibility through use of JavaScript executing in the browser.  Note that this is not planned to be production-ready in the 4.0.5 release. 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.