It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RQM integration with external STAX server

Zica Valsan (10124745) | asked Feb 14 '12, 9:24 a.m.
Hi,

I have an RQM3.0.1 server runing on a machine and STAF server on another one. The STAX server is behind a firewall but the two machines can see each other (when invoking ping)
I have folowed the instructions in documentation but not sure about some steps.
I succesfuly saved the machine name (STAX server) in the Lab Management/Create Machine.
Then, in the next window Add to Provider , I saw the Provider name and tried SAve. It hangs around.

The logs files in RQM look like:

2012-02-14 05:32:35,883 INFO om.ibm.rational.test.lm.spi.stax.tasks.TaskScanner - Starting Task Scan in C:\RTC-BVT\stax
2012-02-14 05:32:35,883 INFO om.ibm.rational.test.lm.spi.stax.tasks.TaskScanner - Deleting old tasks in C:\RTC-BVT\stax
2012-02-14 05:32:35,883 ERROR om.ibm.rational.test.lm.spi.stax.tasks.TaskScanner - Invalid base STAX path: C:\RTC-BVT\stax
2012-02-14 05:32:35,883 INFO om.ibm.rational.test.lm.spi.stax.tasks.TaskScanner - Syncing tasks in C:\RTC-BVT\stax
2012-02-14 05:32:35,883 ERROR om.ibm.rational.test.lm.spi.stax.tasks.TaskScanner - Task scan failed
java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.ibm.rational.test.lm.spi.stax.tasks.TaskScanner.syncTasks(TaskScanner.java:149)
2012-02-14 05:33:09,789 INFO om.ibm.rational.test.lm.spi.stax.tasks.TaskScanner - Starting Task Scan in D:\stax
2012-02-14 05:33:09,789 INFO om.ibm.rational.test.lm.spi.stax.tasks.TaskScanner - Deleting old tasks in D:\stax
2012-02-14 05:33:09,789 ERROR om.ibm.rational.test.lm.spi.stax.tasks.TaskScanner - Invalid base STAX path: D:\stax
2012-02-14 05:33:09,789 INFO om.ibm.rational.test.lm.spi.stax.tasks.TaskScanner - Syncing tasks in D:\stax
2012-02-14 05:33:09,789 ERROR om.ibm.rational.test.lm.spi.stax.tasks.TaskScanner - Task scan failed
------------------------------------------------------

I don't have any task on Drive D. Nevertheless I have setup the dbLocation to D on the STAX machine as I explained it below.

The response to staf localhost misc whoami:

--------
Instance Name : STAF
Instance UUID : A53E344F6C000000091E071B7A7A3036
Request Number : 11
Interface : ssl
Logical ID : RQM_server_DNS
Physical ID : 127.0.0.1
Endpoint : ssl://RQM_server_DNS@6550
Machine : RQM_server_DNS
Machine Nickname: RQM_server_DNS
Local Request : Yes
Handle : 6
Handle Name : STAF/Client
User : none://anonymous
Trust Level : 5

The trust level is set up to 5 on both machines

The integration_config.xml file:

<adapter>
<name>STAX Adapter</name>
<version>1.0</version>
<APIVersionSupported>1.0</APIVersionSupported>
<inventoryExtensionId>com.ibm.rational.test.lm.spi.stax.inventory</inventoryExtensionId>
<automationExtensionId>com.ibm.rational.test.lm.spi.stax.automation</automationExtensionId>
<pluginId>com.ibm.rational.test.lm.spi.stax</pluginId>
<instance>
<instanceId>stax1</instanceId>
<projectArea>my_PA</projectArea>
<hostname>My_external_STAX_server</hostname>
<port>0</port>
<staxPath>C:\RTC-BVT\stax</staxPath>
<scanInterval>120</scanInterval>
<dbLocation>D:\RQM\staxdb/dbLocation>
</instance>
</adapter>

I'm not sure I understood correctly the parameter dbLocation. It this the path to the current db used for RQM server or needs to be a new one on STAX server? I set up a new one on D:\staxdb.

I have created the tasks in the STAX server on C:\RTC-BVT\stax . Below the task:

?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<DOCTYPE>
<stax>
<defaultcall>

<function>
<function>My Task Title</function>

<function>
This is a description of My Task.
</function>

<function>
<function>MY_STAX_server</function>
<!--<function>The first arg description</function>-->
<!--<function>The second arg description</function>-->
</function>

<sequence>
<Rest>

<return>0</return>
</sequence>
</function>
</stax>

Does anybody has an idea what went wrong in this configuration?
Thank you in advance,
Zica

One answer

permanent link
Robert Rassmann (9923) | answered Feb 29 '12, 2:55 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,

I have an RQM3.0.1 server runing on a machine and STAF server on another one. The STAX server is behind a firewall but the two machines can see each other (when invoking ping)
I have folowed the instructions in documentation but not sure about some steps.
I succesfuly saved the machine name (STAX server) in the Lab Management/Create Machine.
Then, in the next window Add to Provider , I saw the Provider name and tried SAve. It hangs around.

The logs files in RQM look like:

2012-02-14 05:32:35,883 INFO om.ibm.rational.test.lm.spi.stax.tasks.TaskScanner - Starting Task Scan in C:\RTC-BVT\stax
2012-02-14 05:32:35,883 INFO om.ibm.rational.test.lm.spi.stax.tasks.TaskScanner - Deleting old tasks in C:\RTC-BVT\stax
2012-02-14 05:32:35,883 ERROR om.ibm.rational.test.lm.spi.stax.tasks.TaskScanner - Invalid base STAX path: C:\RTC-BVT\stax
2012-02-14 05:32:35,883 INFO om.ibm.rational.test.lm.spi.stax.tasks.TaskScanner - Syncing tasks in C:\RTC-BVT\stax
2012-02-14 05:32:35,883 ERROR om.ibm.rational.test.lm.spi.stax.tasks.TaskScanner - Task scan failed
at com.ibm.rational.test.lm.spi.stax.tasks.TaskScanner.syncTasks(TaskScanner.java:149)
2012-02-14 05:33:09,789 INFO om.ibm.rational.test.lm.spi.stax.tasks.TaskScanner - Starting Task Scan in D:\stax
2012-02-14 05:33:09,789 INFO om.ibm.rational.test.lm.spi.stax.tasks.TaskScanner - Deleting old tasks in D:\stax
2012-02-14 05:33:09,789 ERROR om.ibm.rational.test.lm.spi.stax.tasks.TaskScanner - Invalid base STAX path: D:\stax
2012-02-14 05:33:09,789 INFO om.ibm.rational.test.lm.spi.stax.tasks.TaskScanner - Syncing tasks in D:\stax
2012-02-14 05:33:09,789 ERROR om.ibm.rational.test.lm.spi.stax.tasks.TaskScanner - Task scan failed

I don't have any task on Drive D. Nevertheless I have setup the dbLocation to D on the STAX machine as I explained it below.

The response to staf localhost misc whoami:

--------
Instance Name : STAF
Instance UUID : A53E344F6C000000091E071B7A7A3036
Request Number : 11
Interface : ssl
Logical ID : RQM_server_DNS
Physical ID : 127.0.0.1
Endpoint : ssl://RQM_server_DNS@6550
Machine : RQM_server_DNS
Machine Nickname: RQM_server_DNS
Local Request : Yes
Handle : 6
Handle Name : STAF/Client
User : none://anonymous
Trust Level : 5

The trust level is set up to 5 on both machines

The integration_config.xml file:

<adapter>
<name>STAX Adapter</name>
<version>1.0</version>
<APIVersionSupported>1.0</APIVersionSupported>
<inventoryExtensionId>com.ibm.rational.test.lm.spi.stax.inventory</inventoryExtensionId>
<automationExtensionId>com.ibm.rational.test.lm.spi.stax.automation</automationExtensionId>
<pluginId>com.ibm.rational.test.lm.spi.stax</pluginId>
<instance>
<instanceId>stax1</instanceId>
<projectArea>my_PA</projectArea>
<hostname>My_external_STAX_server</hostname>
<port>0</port>
<staxPath>C:\RTC-BVT\stax</staxPath>
<scanInterval>120</scanInterval>
<dbLocation>D:\RQM\staxdb/dbLocation>
</instance>
</adapter>

I'm not sure I understood correctly the parameter dbLocation. It this the path to the current db used for RQM server or needs to be a new one on STAX server? I set up a new one on D:\staxdb.

I have created the tasks in the STAX server on C:\RTC-BVT\stax . Below the task:

?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<DOCTYPE>
<stax>
<defaultcall>

<function>
<function>My Task Title</function>

<function>
This is a description of My Task.
</function>

<function>
<function>MY_STAX_server</function>
<!--<function>The first arg description</function>-->
<!--<function>The second arg description</function>-->
</function>

<sequence>
<Rest>

<return>0</return>
</sequence>
</function>
</stax>

Does anybody has an idea what went wrong in this configuration?
Thank you in advance,
Zica

Maybe this will help: The exception is happening where the code is trying to Synchronize STAX XML files with the database. The code is finding an empty directory and is throwing a NPE when it tries to iterate over a null array (a bug).

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.