It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RQm 3.0.1 Data backup from Production to Stage Env

Shine Shines (3058) | asked Feb 06 '12, 5:52 a.m.
Hi All,

We have our Projects Test data in RQM 3.0.0.1 and its integrated with RRC and RTC. We just want to take the backup of Production data in an Stage Environment to let users explore and and try new things on their data.

Since we have given all the Production URL's of RRC and RTC, is there a way we can isolate the integration urls while taking backup and migrate only RQM test data to Stage Servers.

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.4k33646) | answered Feb 06 '12, 8:18 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,

do you have 3.0.1.x or 2.0.0.1? I can't match the version below.

What I would try (3.0.1.x): You have to recreate a JTS and RQM see https://jazz.net/library/article/547 for some hints. in 3.0.x RTC and RQM are very similar.

Imortant: You have to make sure that the test environment is isolated, e.g. nobody can link elements to the production data.

You should be able to run without the other applications, the links to the other applications would not work, if the environments are reasonably isolated. I am not sure if you have to do something in JTS to disconnect from the not installed applications if you are running on a common JTS. I don't think so, but I am not sure.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.