It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to customize personal dashboard?

Don Yang (7.7k21109138) | asked Jan 30 '12, 12:28 a.m.
By default, each user's personal dashboard will show Weclome, Customize your dashboard and my projects viewlets. How can I remove Welcome and Customize your dashboard viewlets(not through manually deleting the two viewlets in UI) by default so that every new user will only have "My project" viewlet in personal dashboard?

I checked with template from Eclipse client and it seems it only defines project dashboard and I can't find any info related to personal dashboard. I am wondering whether it is allowed to customize in such way and if yes, how to achieve that? Any info is highly appreciated.

CLM 3.0.1.2 used.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Curtis d'Entremont (1.3k3) | answered Jan 30 '12, 11:10 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,

Unfortunately there is no support for modifying the personal dashboard template in 3.x. However, we are working on supporting this as part of a larger effort to improve personal dashboard templates in https://jazz.net/jazz/resource/itemName/com.ibm.team.workitem.WorkItem/187148 for 4.0.
Ralph Schoon selected this answer as the correct answer

3 other answers

permanent link
Duke Lam (111) | answered Jun 09 '17, 8:34 p.m.

Hello Curtis - I see some customize dashboard and I too would like to customize my personal dashboard.  Video in link are all dead. 

I can see how to add widget.  I like to customize my personal dashboard for team statics.

Comments
Kevin Ramer commented Jun 12 '17, 11:54 a.m.

One may or may not notice on the Add Widget pane that the  Select Catalog  is actually a pull-down menu of sources for widgets.  The items in the catalog include JTS and all of its registered applications and all the friend applications registered.

Duke Lam commented Jun 12 '17, 2:43 p.m.

Hello Kevin - The widget add on does not include or contain a widget I found that was created by other personal dashboard.  Is there a way to copy someone else widget in which I couldn't find from the add widget?  I see a export widget from public dashboard.  Not sure how to copy or add someone else widget to my dashboard.
Example of other widget I like to use.
https://servrtc.canlab.ibm.com:10100/jts/dashboards/1608

Kevin Ramer commented Jun 12 '17, 3:04 p.m.

I can't see that.   Did you examine all the entries on the Select Catalog ? It defaults to the JTS on a personal dashboard and the categories of widgets is small.

This is an RTC application's categories:

permanent link
Duke Lam (111) | answered Jun 12 '17, 4:33 p.m.

Hello Kevin,

I figure that out.  Thank it was in one of the per-define widget.   I do have one last question. 

My dashboard is tied to ServDB. ServDB has some per-define query.  My dashboard is currently tied to ServDB.
This is all fine and well. 

However, most of the content or data I am trying to gather is in DATACAP server.
I don't know the relation between ServDB and DATACAP DB.
In Datacap DB I have a bunch of per-define query I like to pull into my Dashboard.
I am not sure if you can get access to this DATACAP DB.
https://cm-rtc-ccm.usca.ibm.com:9443/ccm/web/projects/

is there a way to pull DATACAP DB info to ServDB.

Comments
Kevin Ramer commented Jun 12 '17, 4:56 p.m.

This all sounds specific to the servers which you are using.  I would speak with your peers and/or the server administrators.

permanent link
Duke Lam (111) | answered Jun 12 '17, 5:17 p.m.

You stand correct. I was playing about with the other server ie.. DATACAP that too has it's own method to create a dashboard.  Too bad they don't tied to each other.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.