It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How work items are stored in Repository

Shashank Bellary (46167) | asked Jan 22 '12, 12:03 p.m.
I want to know the ER diagram Or Data Base structure with respect to work items.

Please let me where I can find which tables have what information on work items.

I want to use this information for creating new reports.

And also I want to know what snapshots has what information

4 answers

permanent link
Karthik Krishnan (8846121163) | answered Jan 23 '12, 2:58 a.m.
I want to know the ER diagram Or Data Base structure with respect to work items.

Please let me where I can find which tables have what information on work items.

If you have DBA access any tool( ex: Toad) can create ER Diagram.

If you don't have DBA access, then you can use BIRT to get an idea about the tables / warehouse

permanent link
Shashank Bellary (46167) | answered Jan 23 '12, 5:18 a.m.
Can you please help me how to do it from BIRT Or point to some documentation how to accomplish this.

Thanks much for the reply.

If you don't have DBA access, then you can use BIRT to get an idea about the tables / warehouse

permanent link
Karthik Krishnan (8846121163) | answered Jan 23 '12, 5:37 a.m.
Can you please help me how to do it from BIRT Or point to some documentation how to accomplish this.

you can download BIRT via eclipse

But if you are looking for ER diagram this is not the right approach. If you are looking for queries/reports on workitems then this could be one approach

permanent link
Shashank Bellary (46167) | answered Jan 26 '12, 9:02 a.m.
Hi

I downloaded the BIRT and installed it. I want to know how the tables are stored and what table has what data.

And I created a report but the report is not showing up.

Thanks,
_Shashank

you can download BIRT via eclipse

But if you are looking for ER diagram this is not the right approach. If you are looking for queries/reports on workitems then this could be one approach

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.