It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

LQE's usecases

Natsumi Yokoyama (209387101) | asked Dec 05 '16, 11:49 p.m.
Hi,

Can we use default life cycle query across RTC, RQM, DNG without a LQE component?
Can we  edit default life cycle query across RTC, RQM, DNG without a LQE component?
If we create new lifecycle query across those 3 applications, we should install LQE?

My customer plans to deploy CLM 6.0.3 (RTC, RQM , and DNG). If clients want to use query across these 3 applications. I want to know how to make decision whether they install LQE or not.
LQE is an optional component of RELM. But I can not understand in which usecase LQE is needed.
https://jazz.net/help-dev/clm/index.jsp?re=1&topic=/com.ibm.team.jp.lqe2.install.doc/topics/c_lqe_install_roadmap.html&scope=null

Natsumi

Accepted answer

permanent link
Daniel Moul (4.9k1318) | answered Dec 06 '16, 8:03 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
LQE provides the data store for RELM and in some cases for Jazz Reporting Service Report Builder.
LQE can provide the data store for other products or custom applications that provide OSLC Tracked Resource Sets (TRS feeds).

Conclusions:
1. If you want to use RELM you need LQE.
2; If you want to report on information from other tools or custom apps using TRS data, you need LQE.
3. If you want to do any reporting with JRS in the following circumstances, you need LQE:
  • Reporting on data in project areas in which configuration management has been enabled for RDNG or RQM.
  • Reporting on RTC SCM change sets or files information with JRS or RELM (new in 6.0.3)
  • Reporting on Global Configuration information

4. It is possible using JRS to query across RTC, RQM, RDNG without using LQE (information is stored in the data warehouse) but not in the cases described in (3).

Natsumi Yokoyama selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Natsumi Yokoyama commented Dec 06 '16, 6:58 p.m.

Thank you for your answer. Your answer is helpful for us. :-)

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.