It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Saving columns displayed in Collections

Ian Mitchell (3611) | asked Jan 17 '12, 4:11 a.m.
Hi,
I suspect I'm asking for the same enhancement as https://jazz.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=21493, but I'll go ahead and describe my scenario just in case it's different.

I've been creating Features using the artefact type that comes with JKE Banking and I like the 'business priority' attribute. When I make a Release Collection of these features I can ask for the Business Priority to be a displayed column and it appears - nice, I like that!

But I can't find a way for the Collection to remember that I like to see the Business Priority.

Sure enough a saved filter on the collection will make the business priority column appear, but I'm anticipating embedding these collections of features into other documents, so what would be ideal is for the business priority to appear when someone follows the link from the embedded artefact - or even better if the column could be added to the collection as it appears when embedded.

I hope you can see what I'm getting at.

cheers,
Ian J Mitchell, IBM Hursley

2 answers

permanent link
Benjamin Silverman (4.1k610) | answered Jan 18 '12, 7:03 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Yes, this is currently only achieved by creating a saved filter. The post you mention looks like a similar enhancement, although I don't see any record of it being created. I would recommend creating the enhancement specific to a collection if you would like to have the feature considered for a future release.

permanent link
Ian Mitchell (3611) | answered Jan 20 '12, 4:49 a.m.
See https://jazz.net/jazz03/web/projects/Requirements%20Management#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=53088

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.