It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RRC Not working in Sandbox

Daniel Gilio (102124) | asked Jun 13 '13, 4:22 p.m.
I am attempting to Demo RRC for a potential client in my Sandbox (dgilio's Project). I can create requirements, but when I try to edit them (or link the CLM artifacts) I get the following error.

ID CRRRW7735W  You cannot lock an artifact for editing if another user has already locked it. Wait until the user unlocks the artifact.

I have created multiple artifacts and waited several days with no change.

Please advise.

3 answers

permanent link
Stef van Dijk (2.0k179) | answered Jun 13 '13, 5:24 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Daniel,
You should be able to hover over the lock to see who has it.
I've seen cases where you may actually be the lock holder and yet it still keeps you out. In that case, you should be able to release the lock, otherwise you'll have to contact the holder of the lock.

permanent link
Daniel Moul (4.9k1318) | answered Jun 14 '13, 7:02 a.m.
@dgilio is it possible that in an earlier session you had a doc open for editing and closed your browser without ending the edit? This can happen if, after editing, you click "Save" but not "Close".  Or if you took a manual lock.

The above is a result of the new, more powerful locking introduced in 4.0.3.  You can now filter by lock state to find all locked artifacts (and then multi-select to release them, assuming your userid has the right permissions).

Comments
Michelle De Armas commented Jun 14 '13, 10:49 a.m.

@dgilio Additional information on using locks in RRC can be found in this help topic:
http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v4r0m3/topic/com.ibm.rational.rrm.help.doc/topics/c_locking.html

permanent link
Tom Stapleton (23135) | answered Jun 18 '13, 3:28 p.m.
I am having a very similar (if not identical) issue.
I am trying to set up some requirements in the Sandbox, but whenever I try to edit the requirement so that I can actually put in the requirement, I get an error message:
"You cannot lock this artifact for editing because Error locked it on ."
It is error ID CRRRW7735W.
Hovering over the lock only says "Error locked the artifact for editing on ." (Yes, there is a space where I am assuming the timestamp for the lock should be.)

I have tried editing existing requirements, and creating new ones, and all are coming up with the same issue. I even tried all three browsers (Chrome, FireFox and IE 9).

Since this is in the Sandbox, I am the only one in the project, so there is not a concurrency problem.

Any help would be appreciated.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.