It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Setting the build id in the command line adapter

Colin Thorne (22421619) | asked Jan 16 '12, 5:16 a.m.
I am using the RQM command line adapter (the version from RQMCommandLineAdapter_3011m3) to automatically run some tests. I would like to associate the test execution record with a particular build so that I can track back failures to the original RTC build. I already have the RTC builds mirrored in RQM using the RTC/RQM connection adapter.

I have looked at the source for the command line adapter and I see that there is a method setBuildId in CommandLineLogResult that I could call. However I am having a problem finding the right id to set in here.

Is this id the build record identifier that can be found using the REST API, or is it some other id?

Someone has also pointed out that there is a line:
#build_id=undefined

in the commandline.properties file provided in the RQMCommandLineAdapter zip file. Can this be used to set the build id. I still need to find out the form of the id to be used here.

Thanks for any help, Colin.

3 answers

permanent link
Paul Slauenwhite (8.4k12) | answered Jan 16 '12, 8:16 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
The RQM Reportable REST API can be used to GET builddefinition and buildrecord (https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/RqmApi#Resources_and_their_Supported_Op). However, the buildrecord does not have a build ID property. I would suggest using the title property (https://jazz.net/projects/rational-quality-manager/api-doc-3.0/api-files/schemas/qm_xsd/elements/buildrecord_3.html#r9). This is the property that is displayed in the test result editor when a test result is linked to a build record.

In addition, please see the article attached to https://jazz.net/jazz02/resource/itemName/com.ibm.team.workitem.WorkItem/58909 for more information on setting properties in commandline.properties.

permanent link
Colin Thorne (22421619) | answered Jan 16 '12, 11:16 a.m.
Thanks for your quick response Paul - I will give that a go and study the article you mention - it looks like just the sort of information I need to understand the command line adapter.

Colin.

permanent link
Colin Thorne (22421619) | answered Jan 16 '12, 1:13 p.m.
I have had a play with this now and thanks to the document I can add a build_id property to the customer properties section of the test execution result.

However what I cannot seem to do is link the build execution result to a build record in the same way you can do in the test result editor. I was hoping to be able to use the CommandLineLogResult.setBuildId() method to set a value, and then RQM will show the test execution result linked to a build record in the same way as I could manually in the test result editor.

Is that what you mean by saying that I should use the title property? The title property in my build results is just something like: 20120112-1701 and so does not include the build definition description.

Thanks Colin.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.