It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

CM REST API Simpe Query results limitted to 50

Thomas Loeber (62237750) | asked Dec 12 '11, 7:15 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I'm trying to use the CM REST API to return a collection of work items using the Simple Query resource. This is on a RTC 3.0.1.1 system. We have created a new work item type called PatchRequest with it's own category. We are also using the defect work item. When I run a simple query using the API on defects the results returned are what is expected. The oslc_cm.totalCount=1000 (which is the limit set on the CM application's advanced properties) and a total of 1000 items are returned in the resulting xml output. When I run a simple query using the API on PatchRequests only 50 items are returned out of a possible 1000. The oslc_cm.pageSize parm is being arbitrarily added to the collection request. this parm forces the limit of 50. This only happens when running the query on the PatchRequest work items, not on the defect work items. I have even tried adding my on oslc_cm.pageSize URL parm, but that is being ignored and replaced with a value of 50. I get this result from both the PERL program I use with CURL and also when I enter the simpleQuery url with the oslc_cm.query and oslc_cm.properties url parms.

Anyone have an idea of how I can lift the limitl of 50?

2 answers

permanent link
Sean G Wilbur (87212421) | answered Jun 18 '12, 6:47 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Tom,

Specifying a oslc_cm.pageSize should allow for a larger page size, but I only found that I could get it up to 100 before it kicked me back down to 50 which I assume is the default and 100 is the max ? Couldn't seem to find where this was set.

http://open-services.net/bin/view/Main/CmRestApiV1?sortcol=table;up=#Pagination 

-Sean

permanent link
Stephane Leroy (1.4k149) | answered Feb 05 '14, 8:55 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Related questions & answers could be found here:
https://jazz.net/forum/questions/140852/paged-oslc-query-result-limited-to-100/

-Stephane

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.