It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How trustworthy is the difference markup in Project History ?


Kevin Ramer (4.5k6172191) | asked Dec 22 '14, 3:52 p.m.
This question deals with Web UI / Project Configuration / History and any "Show Details" section.   I have use the compare history function in the Eclipse client, but the changes to project source seem to be written back in such a fashion that accurately determining changes is difficult.    The markup in the Web UI seems to be more readable, but how does its accuracy compare ?   I ask because one project area we have certain work items cannot be viewed in Web UI ( ok in Eclipse ) (**)   I've been trying to "blame" the presentation.  I have seen indications of errors in the editor presentation ( e.g. trying to display an attribute with an incompatable presentation ).   The "Show Details" shows changes to tab ID that appear to now belong to the presentation in question.

cf:  https://jazz.net/library/article/1002#editorpres

(**)  No errors are displayed when trying to load a work item, just the "Loading work item NNNNN".   I tried with ?debug=true while capturing web console; all return codes were 200.   No obvious problems in jazz logs.

One answer



permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k23035) | answered Dec 22 '14, 7:53 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
The project configuration history in the WebUI is the recommended mechanism for looking at differences between different versions of the process configuration.   If you are seeing a bug in the work item display in the Web UI, that is almost certainly unrelated to anything about the process configuration history display.

Comments
Kevin Ramer commented Dec 23 '14, 8:14 a.m.

I am trying to ascertain what about the presentation is different from recent changes. E.g. this looks like id of a tab section was changed

   


Geoffrey Clemm commented Dec 24 '14, 2:01 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

It appears to me that the CustomerEditor.internalHeader tab was moved from after the com.ibm.sport.... tab to before it.


Kevin Ramer commented Dec 24 '14, 11:29 a.m.

Sort of... I finally noticed that in the Overview tab there was an empty section labeled Operation.  I removed that and work items of that type began to display.  I had to touch up the new tab to make its layout work, so now all is well.

Your answer


Register or to post your answer.