It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC 4.0.1 integratio​n with Jenkins - how can I check to see if any changesets were accepted into the workspace?

Donald Poulin (2249119107) | asked Mar 18 '13, 10:29 a.m.

I am running an RTC -> Jenkins build every 15 minues and would like to be able to determin on the Jenkins side after the JBE steps completes whether any changesets were accepted into the workspace. Is there a property I can examine to determine if any changesets were accepted? If so I can check that property and if no changesets were accepted I can exit the Jenkins build script  wthout executing any of the acutal code build steps.

I am using a modified version of the  buildOnHudsonJenkinsAdvanced  script.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Spencer Murata (2.3k115971) | answered Mar 18 '13, 11:10 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
 You mean other than the return code of 2 from JBE?  Anything else would have to be regexed with scm status or something along those lines where it would be able to detect incoming changesets.

~Spencer
Donald Poulin selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Nick Edgar commented Mar 19 '13, 10:19 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

The RC=2 in the JBE output only occurs for scheduled builds, when there are no changes accepted and hence nothing to build.  If the build is being scheduled from Jenkins, then this won't apply.  

JBE's SCM participant does set a "team.scm.changesAccepted" property, but this doesn't appear in the JBE output.  You could get it by configuring the build definition to output a properties file, then parsing that, but that's admittedly tedious.

Donald Poulin commented Mar 20 '13, 5:53 a.m.

So within the "buildOnHudsonJenkinsAdvanced script" how would I check for an RC=2 and then exit the script?

Donald Poulin commented Mar 20 '13, 7:21 a.m.

Cancel that last question - I found the section "loadworkspace" where the return code(s) are evaluated.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.