It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to set the resolution field?

Joseph Simon Arokiaraj (21414845) | asked Dec 08 '11, 7:40 a.m.
Hi All,

How to make builtin resolution field mandatory for a particluar state?

Eg: I need to set resolution field when the WI state changed from resolved to Closed state.

In my work item attribute list, I am seeing the resolution field (Small string) and dependecies "internal state". in the editoral presentation, I cant able to add the resolution field.

Any pointers to this?

Cheers,
Jose

4 answers

permanent link
Angelo Corna (26148381) | answered Mar 11 '14, 9:58 a.m.
This is an important issue also for me.
Any suggestion?

Thanks in advance.
Bye

permanent link
Lily Wang (4.9k714) | answered Mar 12 '14, 7:51 a.m.
Hi Angelo,
To add new resolution value, you can go to the project area's process configuration, expand "Project Configuration > Configuration Data > Work Items > Workflows". There's a "Resolutions" section can be used to add/modify/remove resolution values.
Please see https://jazz.net/library/article/1003#workflows for the work item customization.

permanent link
Angelo Corna (26148381) | answered Mar 12 '14, 4:05 p.m.
Lily,

I don't want add a new resolution value. The Joseph's question is
How to make builtin resolution field mandatory for a particluar state?

Do you have any suggestions?

Comments
Lily Wang commented Mar 12 '14, 7:32 p.m.

Sorry, my misunderstanding. To force input Resolution for a state, you can do the configuration in the "Actions" section in "Project Configuration > Configuration Data > Work Items > Workflows"

permanent link
Angelo Corna (26148381) | answered Mar 13 '14, 2:33 p.m.
Lily,

with procedure described before you can set the resolution for a specific state but you can save a workitem for this specific state without specify a resolution.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.