It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

zimport tool : DSD Name creation

Amit Saxena (3111516) | asked Nov 22 '11, 11:21 a.m.
I have PDS with several members in it with name as : GENTRAN.V6X4.VPT.COBBTCH

Below are the contents of my mapping file (/u/amit/Gentran6.4Mass-Import.txt )

P:*.VPT.COBBTCH.*=Gentran64Project:GENTRAN.V6X4.VPT.COBBTCH
C:Gentran64Project=Gentran64Component

Command to run:

scm zimport --hlq GENTRAN --mapfile /u/amit/Gentran6.4Mass-Import.txt --workspace Gentran64Stream-Dev-Workspace --projectarea Gentran_z_PoC_2 -s Gentran64Stream -r https://jazz705.hursley.ibm.com:9443/ccm -u <> -P <>

Problem:

By default the zimport tool does take the DSD name as what we have after P: and so It does create the DSD with name "V6X4.VPT.COBBTCH"

. What should I change in the mapping file above to create the DSD with name as "VPT.COBBTCH" so that version is not associated with it.

3 answers

permanent link
John Riendeau (46626) | answered Nov 22 '11, 11:27 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
The zimport command does not offer a way to customize the name of the created data set definitions. You may, however, manually edit their names following the zimport, and the associations with the corresponding zFolders will be maintained.

If you feel the ability to customize the name of a data set definition on a zimport would be a useful feature, I would encourage you to submit an enhancement request. Thanks!

permanent link
Amit Saxena (3111516) | answered Nov 22 '11, 11:36 a.m.
The zimport command does not offer a way to customize the name of the created data set definitions. You may, however, manually edit their names following the zimport, and the associations with the corresponding zFolders will be maintained.

If you feel the ability to customize the name of a data set definition on a zimport would be a useful feature, I would encourage you to submit an enhancement request. Thanks!

---------------------

We have started working on the "Test Project Area" on RTC server (jazz705). This Project Area was just for us to learn how the zimport and dependency build works on z/OS. We have created few DSD as a result of playing with zimport tooling without realizing that the DSD are associated with the RTC Server not the Project Area and we can't delete it in the current RTC version.

We have to prepare a new PA for Gentran team and we have to use the same DSD in it. The problem is that those existing DSD are not visible to new Project area.

Do we have any way to make them visible to the new Project Area ? Or any script to delete existing ones

permanent link
Guy Slade (64158) | answered Nov 22 '11, 1:27 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi
Yes, you can make those DSD visible to other project areas. WHat we recommend you do is create a single PA that is owned and maintained by your Build Admin team. All of the DSD's, Lang Defs, Translators would be defined in this single PA. All developers would need to be added as team members to this Build Admin PA with a role that stops them from being able to modify the above objects.

Guy

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.