It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to query RRC Database?

Canberk Akduygu (99237371) | asked Nov 10 '11, 7:44 a.m.
Hi,

I like to query RRC DB in order to get Project Name->user->Role.
I can get the project name and the user but I couldn't find a way to query the role.

Can you help me with that?

4 answers

permanent link
Benjamin Silverman (4.1k610) | answered Nov 15 '11, 2:52 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Canberk,

I had a look at the XML configuration drivers that ship with the CLM 3.0.1 release, but unfortunately it doesn't look like Jazz Team Server is exposing role information for contributors or project areas. The "contributor" resource for the JFS will show pretty much everything else (ie - user ID, unique ID, email address, context ID, modified, itemID, name, archived, and a few other things that aren't exposed by default), but role information is not included.

It looks like there is a "readAccess" resource that can be used to look up if a user is a member of certain projects, but no role information can be obtained. Despite the above, I would suggest having a look at the reporting data models that ship with the release, and create an RFE against Foundation to have role based information exposed in a future release if you still need that information. Although I don't have an answer to your question on querying the DB directly, I hope this information helps.

permanent link
Canberk Akduygu (99237371) | answered Nov 17 '11, 4:02 a.m.
Hi Benjamin,

I was thinking the same thing. There's no field indicating the user role.
I'll open an enhancement about this kind of reporting cause some customer want to know if their resources is allocated to a project with which role etc...

permanent link
Shmuel Bashan (4166) | answered Dec 06 '11, 5:37 a.m.
Is there an easy way to find a requirement/feature in RRC by the ID attribute ?

permanent link
Jared Pulham (32113) | answered Dec 06 '11, 7:53 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Is there an easy way to find a requirement/feature in RRC by the ID attribute ?

In the top right corner of RRC the quick search/query using the artefact ID will take you right to the artefact.

------------------------------------------
Jared Pulham
RRC Product Manager

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.