It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

An RRC Contributor license is sufficient to modify an artifact when permissions are controlled by team role ?

long TRUONG (3654118146) | asked Oct 29 '13, 4:56 p.m.
 Trying to control permissions via Team role, we found that we don't need an RRC Analyst licence to modify an RRC artifact, i.e. to write to an artifact: 

Contributor Licence + Project role Commenter + inherited permissions for Team role "GAP Co-Author" ==> Allow modifications to an artifact ==> R/W Privileges 

Is this by IBM design (i.e. we should go ahead and only use Contributor licenses for Project members in this Team role) or is it a loop-hole (i.e. we should actually use Analyst licenses for Project members in this Team role, to avoid issues later with upgrades/updates when IBM decides to close the loop-hole).

Accepted answer

permanent link
Daniel Moul (4.9k1318) | answered Oct 29 '13, 5:36 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Does the the user also have a Quality Professional license or CLM practitioner license?  If not, then a user with only a RRC Contributor license should not be able to edit RM artifacts. They should be able to comment, participate in review & approval artifacts, create/edit work items ... but not edit RM artifacts. This would be a bug.
long TRUONG selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
long TRUONG commented Oct 29 '13, 6:49 p.m.

You were right. My testing  -- taking the QP license off myself, and the edit button does not even show up greyed out -- corroborated that. So the RQM QP license allows writing to an RRC artifact !

Daniel Moul commented Oct 29 '13, 7:35 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Yes and the reason for this is that testing teams often need to write additional lower-level requirements in a form that enables them to test a system sufficiently and still have good requirements-test reporting.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.