It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

how to setup proxy for email notification in RTC (cant send)

julius sahat (2511116) | asked Oct 31 '11, 4:21 a.m.
Hi All,

im newbie in RTC

in server dont have connection to internet, but server can connect to internet using proxy. so i cant send email notification in RTC.

how can i setup proxy in Jazz or Email Setting?

thx all
julius

2 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered Oct 31 '11, 4:33 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,

the JTS needs to have access to an SMTP server to be able to send e-mail.This is configured during the JTS servers setup. It can be maintained in the Advanced properties of JTS https:/<server>:<port>/jts/admin#action=com.ibm.team.repository.admin.configureAdvanced in the com.ibm.team.repository.service.jts.internal.mailer.MailerService area.

If you can't reach an SMTP server directly, I think you need to setup one that can communicate up the chain.

permanent link
julius sahat (2511116) | answered Oct 31 '11, 5:24 a.m.
Hi,

the JTS needs to have access to an SMTP server to be able to send e-mail.This is configured during the JTS servers setup. It can be maintained in the Advanced properties of JTS https:/<server>:<port>/jts/admin#action=com.ibm.team.repository.admin.configureAdvanced in the com.ibm.team.repository.service.jts.internal.mailer.MailerService area.

If you can't reach an SMTP server directly, I think you need to setup one that can communicate up the chain.

hi,

condition server: can connect to internet if using proxy

i have add smtp server correcly.
this not about smtp server, but how can i add proxy in jazz team server?

this error:
The server could not be contacted: Unknown SMTP host: mail.xx.co.id; nested exception is: java.net.UnknownHostException: mail.xx.co.id

thx
julius

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.