It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC VS .Net integration Issue..Can not create sandbox at....

Qaiser Islam (31297074) | asked Feb 24 '10, 10:14 a.m.
I have installed the RTC client for VS 2.0.0.2 with VS .Net 2005. I am able to connect with server. but when i create repository workspace i get the following error

Error message:
Can not create sandbox at given location.
Exception type:
com.ibm.team.foundation.core.exception.CoreException
Exception message:
Exception stack trace:
at com.ibm.team.scm.ui.wizards.loadrepositoryworkspace.LoadValidator.RunOperation(Object arg, IProgressMonitor monitor)
at com.ibm.team.foundation.core.operationrunner.internalimpl.BackgroundWorkerImpl`2.OnDoWork(DoWorkEventArgs args) in C:\RTC_BUILDS\I2002_20091209-2213\Foundation\Core\operationrunner\internalimpl\BackgroundWorkerImpl.cs:line 154
Inner exception:
com.ibm.team.filesystem.common.FSDaemonConnectionException: Starting the SCM daemon (C:\Program Files\IBM\Rational Team Concert Client for Microsoft Visual Studio IDE\3rd Party\scmtools\eclipse\scm.exe) on C:\newwork returned error: Sandbox(es) locked by an unknown process.
Problem running 'daemon start':
Failed to lock all sandboxes. Could not lock "null".

at com.ibm.team.foundation.service.WebRequestInvocationProxy.Invoke(IMessage myIMessage) in C:\RTC_BUILDS\I2002_20091209-2213\Foundation\ServiceInterfaceProxy\WebRequestInvocationProxy.cs:line 89
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)
at com.ibm.team.filesystem.service.rest.IFilesystemRestClient.getLoadCFA(ParmsLoad parms, IProgressMonitor progress)
at com.ibm.team.filesystem.client.FilesystemClient.ValidateLoadWorkspace(String copyFileArea, ITeamRepository repository, String workspaceItemId, FoldersInComponent[] foldersToLoad, IProgressMonitor monitor) in C:\RTC_BUILDS\I2002_20091209-2213\Filesystem\FilesystemClient\FilesystemClient.cs:line 2320
at com.ibm.team.scm.ui.wizards.loadrepositoryworkspace.LoadValidator.RunOperation(Object arg, IProgressMonitor monitor)

3 answers

permanent link
Sreerupa Sen (1.0k4) | answered Mar 12 '10, 12:47 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hello,
Apologies for the really late response - I somehow missed this post.
I have a couple of questions: Have you tried with other sandboxes? That is, while loading, have you tried specifying paths other than C:\newwork? Do they all have the same error?
Typically, you could have this error if you had your eclipse client open on the same workspace on a release earlier than 2.0.0.2 or if you had another instance of the visual studio client open on a solution under C:\newwork, on a 2.0 release or earlier.
Which version of RTC do you have installed?
regards
--Rupa

permanent link
Amit Kravzov (1351616) | answered Nov 13 '11, 4:43 a.m.
Hello Rupa,

I'm having the same problem but in a bit different context. I use RTC 3.0.1. I would like to load several components under the sandbox but not directly under the sandbox, but under another non-shared folder. I found it possible from Eclipse client. I also opened from visualstudio a sandbox created like this in eclipse and it works. The problem is when I'm trying to load the components directly from visualstudio. It seems that RTC tries to create a sandbox under the existing sandbox and then throws this error.

Is it a known issue?

Regards,
Amit.

permanent link
Joel Lonneker (391016) | answered Jan 04 '12, 7:35 p.m.
I have installed the RTC client for VS 2.0.0.2 with VS .Net 2005. I am able to connect with server. but when i create repository workspace i get the following error

Error message:
Exception type:
com.ibm.team.foundation.core.exception.CoreException
Exception message:
Exception stack trace:
at com.ibm.team.foundation.core.operationrunner.internalimpl.BackgroundWorkerImpl`2.OnDoWork(DoWorkEventArgs args) in C:\RTC_BUILDS\I2002_20091209-2213\Foundation\Core\operationrunner\internalimpl\BackgroundWorkerImpl.cs:line 154
Inner exception:
com.ibm.team.filesystem.common.FSDaemonConnectionException: Starting the SCM daemon (C:\Program Files\IBM\Rational Team Concert Client for Microsoft Visual Studio IDE\3rd Party\scmtools\eclipse\scm.exe) on C:\newwork returned error: Sandbox(es) locked by an unknown process.

at com.ibm.team.foundation.service.WebRequestInvocationProxy.Invoke(IMessage myIMessage) in C:\RTC_BUILDS\I2002_20091209-2213\Foundation\ServiceInterfaceProxy\WebRequestInvocationProxy.cs:line 89
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)
at com.ibm.team.filesystem.service.rest.IFilesystemRestClient.getLoadCFA(ParmsLoad parms, IProgressMonitor progress)
at com.ibm.team.filesystem.client.FilesystemClient.ValidateLoadWorkspace(String copyFileArea, ITeamRepository repository, String workspaceItemId, FoldersInComponent[] foldersToLoad, IProgressMonitor monitor) in C:\RTC_BUILDS\I2002_20091209-2213\Filesystem\FilesystemClient\FilesystemClient.cs:line 2320

Not to confuse things, but I just worked with one of my users who experienced the following error when creating a sandbox:
Starting the SCM daemon (C:\Program Files\IBM\Rational Team Concert Client for Microsoft Visual Studio IDE\3rd Party\scmtools\eclipse\scm.exe) on C:\newwork returned error: Sandbox(es) locked by an unknown process.

Restarting Visual Studio resolved the issue in the specific case.

We found that the issue was with cached credentials.

Here is the trail: the user launched Visual Studio, Logged into RTC 3.0.1 IDE, created a sandbox (successfully), changed RTC password(via web portal), failed to create 2nd sandbox, Restarted Visual Studio, Logged back into RTC IDE, Created 2nd sandbox (successfully).

Hope it offer some assistance

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.