It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

BIRT WorkItem & Attachments

Corradino Galasso (2121) | asked Dec 28 '10, 9:48 a.m.
I'm looking for a way to get the work item summary AND for each WorkItem a list of its attachments.
I tried to join in LIVE_SNAPSHOT the following class:
com.ibm.team.workitem.Attachment
AND
com.ibm.team.workitem.WorkItem

but unfortunately I didn't found any join.

TipS? HintS?

7 answers

permanent link
Corradino Galasso (2121) | answered Dec 30 '10, 4:42 a.m.
I'm looking for a way to get the work item summary AND for each WorkItem a list of its attachments.
I tried to join in LIVE_SNAPSHOT the following class:
com.ibm.team.workitem.Attachment
AND
com.ibm.team.workitem.WorkItem

but unfortunately I didn't found any join.

TipS? HintS?

I'm still looking to solve this problem cause we'll use attachemnts as deliverables of a Work Item so it is fundamentals to obtain a report on that.

I try also to explore the internal database ... i cannot realize how the two entities (Work Item and Attachment ) are connected each other.

Is there someone who have a tips on this?

Thanks a lot in advance.

permanent link
Rafik Jaouani (5.0k16) | answered Jan 02 '11, 12:15 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Attachments are stored as blobs. How do you intend to expose that data to BIRT? Will you write special parsers for the data? Have you considered using Custom Work Item Attributes instead? Work Item attachments are not intended to be used as a Work Item extension mechanism.

permanent link
Corradino Galasso (2121) | answered Jan 03 '11, 3:08 a.m.
Attachments are stored as blobs. How do you intend to expose that data to BIRT? Will you write special parsers for the data? Have you considered using Custom Work Item Attributes instead? Work Item attachments are not intended to be used as a Work Item extension mechanism.

No.. what i rellay want is a report that for each Work Item makes a list of its attachments, just the file name.
The problem is that I can't find a way to join the WorkItem and the attachment table.

Theese are the table schema i supposed to be involved:

Attachments

itemId
contextId
modified
stateId
id
name
creationDate
liveRecordCount
modifiedBy.*
content.internalId
content.*
content.contentType
content.checksum
content.liveRecordCount
creator.itemId
creator.contextId
creator.modified
creator.stateId
creator.emailAddress
creator.userId
creator.name
creator.archived
creator.liveRecordCount
projectArea.itemId
projectArea.contextId
projectArea.modified
projectArea.stateId
projectArea.archived
projectArea.name
projectArea.uniqueName
projectArea.isInitialized
projectArea.internalPublic
projectArea.liveRecordCount

Work Item

itemId
contextId
modified
stateId
id
internalState
internalResolution
resolutionDate
summary
internalSeverity
creationDate
internalPriority
dueDate
internalTags
workItemType
duration
timeSpent
internalSequenceValue
correctedEstimate
startDate
liveRecordCount
modifiedBy.*
creator.*
owner.*

.. many many other

Thanks a lot in advance for any help

permanent link
Rafik Jaouani (5.0k16) | answered Jan 03 '11, 9:17 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
The LIVE_SNAPSHOT schema exposes only the raw queryable (indexed) data. Any missing fields means that those are not indexed. This behavior is by design.

permanent link
Corradino Galasso (2121) | answered Jan 03 '11, 9:27 a.m.
The LIVE_SNAPSHOT schema exposes only the raw queryable (indexed) data. Any missing fields means that those are not indexed. This behavior is by design.

Are you sure ? I connected directly to the derby DB and i saw in MODEL schema that the fields i've listed are the same fields in the database schema.

BTW this isn't the problem's core! I'm still looking a way to JOIN Attachments and work Item.

This is a sample of the report i try to create:

Work Item summary 1
- filename1.doc
- filename2.xls
- filename2.doc
Work Item summary 2
- filename3.doc
- filename4.doc
- filename5.xls

etc...

permanent link
Rafik Jaouani (5.0k16) | answered Jan 03 '11, 2:57 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
The LIVE_SNAPSHOT schema is a logical schema that exposes a subset of the repository database to BIRT. The field in the Work Item object that links to the attachment objects is not exposed.

permanent link
Corradino Galasso (2121) | answered Jan 04 '11, 2:54 a.m.
The LIVE_SNAPSHOT schema is a logical schema that exposes a subset of the repository database to BIRT. The field in the Work Item object that links to the attachment objects is not exposed.

fine! BUT also in the DB i cannot find a way to join the two entity ... (i use a Derby Client to connect to Database)
Do you know something more about that?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.