It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How workitems sort order are stored in plan editor view ?

Takehiko Amano (1.3k3741) | asked Oct 16 '11, 11:13 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I believe workitems sort order in plan editor (work break down) is determined according to "Ranking" by default. I can change it. For equal ranking (e.g. the same priority) workitems, I can move up and/or down its location. I wonder how these order are determined.

Is it stored in the plan information itself ?
Is it possible to create workitem query such that result set sort order matches to exactly what I see in the plan ?

I can specify such as priority to sort result set, but this does not match what I see in the plan. So I wonder there may be hidden attribute which determines the location of workitems in the plan editor. As for query, parent child relationship can be ignored as criteria of similarity to workteim query and plan editor view.

Any info is appreciated.

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered Oct 17 '11, 4:24 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,

there is an attribute "Rank" that is used to do the ranking. You can add the attribute to the list of displayed attributes in your view mode to look at it.

This attribute is also exposed in Queries as Rank (Relative to priority literal). You can sort for that attribute too - not sure if you can create a queries that shows the work items exactly as in the plan.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.