It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

SCM status freezes?

James Davies (611) | asked Aug 03 '09, 5:17 a.m.
I'm probably doing something stupid, but for some reason (only recently) scm status doesn't 'finish'? I can't find any difference on my ThinkPad between now and before, but now I always have to CTRL+C after running scm status before I can use the command line again.

I'm only connecting to a local Jazz Team Server, and as far as I can tell the status does everything apart from completing. By that I mean, I see the status of every component.

Any ideas on what may be causing this, or how to fix it?

3 answers

permanent link
Anthony Kesterton (7.5k7180136) | answered Aug 03 '09, 4:12 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I'm probably doing something stupid, but for some reason (only recently) scm status doesn't 'finish'? I can't find any difference on my ThinkPad between now and before, but now I always have to CTRL+C after running scm status before I can use the command line again.

I'm only connecting to a local Jazz Team Server, and as far as I can tell the status does everything apart from completing. By that I mean, I see the status of every component.

Any ideas on what may be causing this, or how to fix it?

Hi James

That does sound a little odd. What version of RTC are you running, and on which platform?

Are there any "missing" components from your status list?

anthony

permanent link
James Davies (611) | answered Aug 04 '09, 4:09 a.m.
Hi James

That does sound a little odd. What version of RTC are you running, and on which platform?

anthony

I'm running RTC version 2, on Windows XP. I solved (sort of) the problem by downloading a different 'form' of RTC, and taking the scmtools folder from it and using that instead of the one with my current installation. A bit of a bodge job, but it seems to be working great now.

permanent link
Anthony Kesterton (7.5k7180136) | answered Aug 04 '09, 1:01 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi James

anthony

I'm running RTC version 2, on Windows XP. I solved (sort of) the problem by downloading a different 'form' of RTC, and taking the scmtools folder from it and using that instead of the one with my current installation. A bit of a bodge job, but it seems to be working great now.

OK - glad to hear it is working - sounds like something disrupted your scmtools bits.

anthony

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.