It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Deleting Incoming Changes From My Repository Workspace

R Z (1273252) | asked Sep 27 '11, 10:24 a.m.
Hello Team,

Is there any way i can delete Incoming changes from my Repository Workspace without accepting it.

Thanks
HitMan

5 answers

permanent link
Tim Mok (6.6k38) | answered Sep 27 '11, 10:32 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hello Team,

Is there any way i can delete Incoming changes from my Repository Workspace without accepting it.

Thanks
HitMan
Did you want to defer the incoming change and accept it later or remove the change from the flow target?

permanent link
R Z (1273252) | answered Sep 28 '11, 4:47 a.m.
Hello Team,

Thanks
HitMan
Did you want to defer the incoming change and accept it later or remove the change from the flow target?

It is possible to ignore Incoming changes, but is there any option i can delete incoming changes.
Botton line: I dont want to accept any incoming changes.

Thank You

Regards,
HitMan

permanent link
Tim Mok (6.6k38) | answered Sep 28 '11, 9:27 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I still don't understand what you want. If you don't want to accept incoming changes, you don't have to accept them. When you say you want to delete the incoming changes, it sounds like removing them from the stream.

What I'm trying to clarify is if you want others to not see the incoming changes or if it's just for yourself.

permanent link
R Z (1273252) | answered Sep 28 '11, 11:39 a.m.
I still don't understand what you want. If you don't want to accept incoming changes, you don't have to accept them. When you say you want to delete the incoming changes, it sounds like removing them from the stream.

What I'm trying to clarify is if you want others to not see the incoming changes or if it's just for yourself.

Okay, Here we go.
I have my repository workspace with multiple change sets under incoming folder.
Now i can select only those change sets which i need or i an simply ignore all the change sets.
My question is, is there any way i can delete changes which i dont need from my incoming folder.

T

permanent link
Tim Mok (6.6k38) | answered Sep 28 '11, 12:03 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Delete doesn't exist. You may run a component replace on the stream so that the stream has the same content as your workspace. This "deletes" the changes from the stream and would not show as incoming in your workspace.

Is this what you mean by delete? Because deleting an incoming change sounds like removing it from the stream. They aren't in your workspace so that's why it shows up when you flow with the stream. If you don't want to see them anymore then that is not possible. We want users to see all the differences and understand why there may be conflicts between outgoing and incoming changes.

This work item may also interest you: https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Rational%20Team%20Concert#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=2195

Realize that if you wanted to remove the incoming changes from the view, the incoming changes would still exist and new incoming changes may build on top of the ignored ones.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.