It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How can I discard the latest delivered change set?

Jirong Hu (1.5k9290258) | asked Sep 07 '11, 10:36 a.m.
Hi

The developer accidently check-in and delivered the build result (thousands of generated text and java files) into repository. This change set is between the last two baselines. So all I need to do is remove the changes in the last baseline. How can I do that? I see Reverse the Change Set will create another change set, really dont' like this in this situation. I just want to completely get rid of the last change set.

Thanks
Jirong

6 answers

permanent link
Tim Mok (6.6k38) | answered Sep 07 '11, 11:55 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi

The developer accidently check-in and delivered the build result (thousands of generated text and java files) into repository. This change set is between the last two baselines. So all I need to do is remove the changes in the last baseline. How can I do that? I see Reverse the Change Set will create another change set, really dont' like this in this situation. I just want to completely get rid of the last change set.

Thanks
Jirong

https://jazz.net/library/article/126#How_do_I_remove_a_change_set_fro

Look at the option to discard and replace in stream.

permanent link
Jirong Hu (1.5k9290258) | answered Sep 07 '11, 1:43 p.m.
Hi

Thanks
Jirong

https://jazz.net/library/article/126#How_do_I_remove_a_change_set_fro

Look at the option to discard and replace in stream.

I have a concern on total number of files here. The total number of files in one component reaches 90K after adding these build result, which is way exceed the 50K limit.

1. This 50K limit is for the current baseline or all files used to have a version in the repository, e.g. if I delete the build result files, do they still count?

2. Can I completely destroy these build results, just like "rmelem"?

3. Shall I move these build result into a new component first, then discard the change set or delete the files?

Thanks
Jirong

permanent link
Tim Mok (6.6k38) | answered Sep 07 '11, 4:29 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I don't know what "rmelem" is but you'll be fine discarding the change set and replacing the component. If you want the build result, the change set will still exist and show up in search results. It just won't exist in the stream anymore (doesn't show up in history).

permanent link
Jirong Hu (1.5k9290258) | answered Sep 07 '11, 4:32 p.m.
I don't know what "rmelem" is but you'll be fine discarding the change set and replacing the component. If you want the build result, the change set will still exist and show up in search results. It just won't exist in the stream anymore (doesn't show up in history).

"rmelem" is a ClearCase command to complete delete the files from the repository like they never exist.

I am just not sure if "deleted"/discarded files will be counted into that 50k limit.

Thanks
Jirong

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Sep 07 '11, 11:55 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
What matters is how many files show up in the "current" state of a
stream or workspace. So the RTC deletion (which is what dropping a
change set effectively does) is like a ClearCase "rmname" and will keep
you under the 50k limit.

Also note that the 50k number is a guideline, not a hard limit.

Cheers,
Geoff

On 9/7/2011 5:08 PM, hujirong wrote:
tmokwrote:
I don't know what "rmelem" is but you'll be fine discarding
the change set and replacing the component. If you want the build
result, the change set will still exist and show up in search
results. It just won't exist in the stream anymore (doesn't show up
in history).

"rmelem" is a ClearCase command to complete delete the files
from the repository like they never exist.

I am just not sure if "deleted"/discarded files will be
counted into that 50k limit.

Thanks
Jirong

permanent link
Abhinav Bommakanti (621) | answered Sep 21 '11, 6:36 p.m.
I have accidentally delivered hundreds of files into a stream and i want to remove all those files from the stream.How can i do this ?I tried reversing the changeset it just reverses the changes we did but doesnot deletes the files.Also discarding a changeset doesnot solve the solution as it jus removes the files from my component but not from the stream.Please help me with this at the earliest.I want to remove all the files I have accidentally checked in through a changeset from my stream

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.