It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

need 'my teams' widget in rtc 3.0

Claire Sandbothe (4666) | asked Sep 01 '11, 1:16 p.m.
RTC 2.0 had the list of all the team dashboards that I was a member of in the left nav.. My stakeholders are asking for this widget again and I cannot find anything to replace it. I see 'all teams' but not 'my teams'.

thanks,
Claire

4 answers

permanent link
Claire Sandbothe (4666) | answered Sep 29 '11, 12:17 p.m.
I added the 'about me ' widget to my personal dashboard. .It shows my name, email and all the projects and teams i'm on . When I had a team member do the same on their dashboard, they ONLY see their email.. Not a list of teams. Why?

permanent link
Curtis d'Entremont (1.3k3) | answered Sep 30 '11, 4:36 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
I've created an enhancement request on your behalf for a "My Teams" viewlet, which I agree would be useful.

https://jazz.net/jazz/resource/itemName/com.ibm.team.workitem.WorkItem/179189

As for why your colleague didn't see a list of teams - is it possible they were not officially a member of any teams, or perhaps whoever was viewing the dashboard didn't have read permissions for the project(s) whose team(s) they were a member of?

permanent link
Claire Sandbothe (4666) | answered Sep 30 '11, 5:00 p.m.
Thanks for the enhancement! .. I double check and yes, my colleague is in multiple teams in the same project as me. And they also have read access. I wonder if its a function of being a member of multiple projects ? (I am , she is not) . Or possibly role based ? (i'm checking on that and will post back with a reply )

permanent link
Claire Sandbothe (4666) | answered Oct 03 '11, 9:20 a.m.
Thanks for the enhancement! .. I double check and yes, my colleague is in multiple teams in the same project as me. And they also have read access. I wonder if its a function of being a member of multiple projects ? (I am , she is not) . Or possibly role based ? (i'm checking on that and will post back with a reply )

It seems only Admins get to see the list of projects and teams. I request that a change be made to show all projects/teams regardless of a person's role.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.