It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Work Item type configuration - Conditional presentations

sharon singer (122) | asked Aug 24 '10, 5:23 p.m.
I am configuring a new work item type which is composed of several different tabs containing sections containing presentations/attributes.

I have read various posts making reference to conditional attributes where a 'set' of values for one attribute can be filtered depending on the value of another attribute. However, this isn't exactly what I want to do. Can you tell me if it is possible to:

(a) display one or more attributes/presentations according to the value assigned to another attribute/presentation
(b) display a section depending on the value of a particular attribute
(c) display a tab depending on the value of a particular attribute

It would be useful to know whether (a)-(c) described above are currently supported and if not whether support will be added in a future release

If these options are supported, a link to an example would be much appreciated.

3 answers

permanent link
Charles Cruse (1521213) | answered Feb 02 '13, 1:40 p.m.
Sharon, did you ever figure this one out.  I would like to do a similar thing.  Thanks.  Charles.

permanent link
sharon singer (122) | answered Feb 04 '13, 11:28 a.m.
Hi Charles - Sadly I didn't manage to get this working.

permanent link
sam detweiler (12.5k6195201) | answered Feb 04 '13, 11:43 a.m.
currently (thru 4.0.1) you cannot control tab visibility via conditionals.  you can control variable visibility via state (we have a complete tabs worth of variables hidden until the workitem is set to resolved) but the tab itself cannot be hidden

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.