It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RRC V3.0.1 - A server error prevented the generation of...

Sam Sultana (5611311) | asked Aug 15 '11, 6:21 a.m.
I have recently installed RRC V3.0.1 on AIX 6.1 and when I try to update any Diagrams I get the following message:

"ID CRRRW8010E A server error prevented the generation of the content. Refresh your browser to generate the content again. If the problem persists, there might be an issue with the server. Ask your administrator to check the server status."

I have noticed that there are a number of appends on these forums regarding this problem, but these only refer to Linux systems and not AIX.

I have read the technote and have installed the RRC Plugin, but without any success.

Also, I have tried to raise a defect on the RRC pages and that does not work. So I will raise a PMR through the Tech Support Route.

regards,

Sam Sultana.

One answer

permanent link
Stef van Dijk (2.0k179) | answered Aug 20 '11, 9:26 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Sam,

That error is a result of the converter not running on the server (it is unaffected by the RRC browser plugin).

The reason you have only seen references to Linux is because the converter is only supported on Windows, Linux and zLinux servers at this time. If you have another server, such as AIX, there is a method by which you can delegate the converter to a supported server platform.

You can find a wiki page describing the process to delegate the server here:
https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/DelegatedConverterApplication

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.